Beginners and Beyond

Strange iPhone autocorrects post-upgrade? (Read 349 times)

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

I've noticed that for some reason the iPhone knows the phrase skittletits, and thinks that it is what you mean frequently.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Anomalous

A year or so ago, someone made a statement in an iPhone forum that the system in these phones "record" words that you may type frequently into your text messages, emails, etc. and at times those words may be used as replacements in autocorrect. How true is that? I have no idea, but it is something to think about the next time you are sexting Blush

Half Fanatic  #3091  ~   Marathon debut: 11/16/13 Anthem Richmond Marathon

"Run from what’s comfortable. Forget safety. Live where you fear to live. Destroy your reputation. Be notorious." - Rumi

@runjerseygirl

True story.  So before you tell people about your autocorrect hilarity, just remember, you must have typed that word at some point. Wink

A year or so ago, someone made a statement in an iPhone forum that the system in these phones "record" words that you may type frequently into your text messages, emails, etc. and at times those words may be used as replacements in autocorrect. How true is that? I have no idea, but it is something to think about the next time you are sexting Blush

Do you even run?

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

http://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/the-25-funniest-autocorrects-of-2012

Obviously all iPhones know skittletits.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Anomalous

http://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/the-25-funniest-autocorrects-of-2012

Obviously all iPhones know skittletits.

LOL!

"Run from what’s comfortable. Forget safety. Live where you fear to live. Destroy your reputation. Be notorious." - Rumi

YAYpril - B-Plus

A couple years ago when my husband and I had just gotten our Droids, he took me to work one day. At the end of the day, this was the text he sent me...

Hey, just dying, I'm Chippendales in the car.

He meant to say "hey, just fyi, I'm chillin in the car."

I almost died.

Docket_Rocket

I've never written titties, so how come Siri thinks I have?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

LOL.  That is just hilarious.

I've written hihihi to DH and it comes out hohoho.  DH then asks me whether that was Santa Claus.

A couple years ago when my husband and I had just gotten our Droids, he took me to work one day. At the end of the day, this was the text he sent me...

Hey, just dying, I'm Chippendales in the car.

He meant to say "hey, just fyi, I'm chillin in the car."

I almost died.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

xor

Siri knows you.

Anomalous

Siri is an entirely different thing. LOL! I was only quoting what I read in that forum, however, I do think it holds some weight.

CClay

Better than all of you

I commented on a guy's FB picture and meant to type "Pure studness" but it came out "Pure stiffness".

I got a few likes on that one.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Docket_Rocket

I love that page.  Makes me wonder whether my mistakes could be there....

Damaris

Fundraising Page

xor

I went ahead and linked this thread in the Tech Support thread I started about the mobile experience post-upgrade.

Jeepofspades

Damaris don't blame Siri, maybe you meant to say kitties but you had your mind on other things! JK