Beginners and Beyond

Not enough caffeine in the world Penguins (Read 29 times)

Zelanie

Mitch, no prob. I will hopefully remember to scan it tonight and can either PM you a link if photobucket is working or email it if you PM me you email. I am using plan B, which starts at 30 MPW and peaks at 50, but there's also an up to 30 plan and an over 50 plan. But the middle one was about right for me.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

This is Pfitz right? How many weeks? Sorry to interrupt....I'm already "plan shopping" for fall HM training lol. Though...based on how mileage buildup post-injury is going....I will honestly be lucky to be over 20 by when I need to start. I really hope to build to 20mpw by mid June and then hold it until mid-July when I would need to start a 12 week plan.

Mitch, no prob. I will hopefully remember to scan it tonight and can either PM you a link if photobucket is working or email it if you PM me you email. I am using plan B, which starts at 30 MPW and peaks at 50, but there's also an up to 30 plan and an over 50 plan. But the middle one was about right for me.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Zelanie

Kristin, yes, Pfitz has HM plans in his Road Racing for Serious Runners. His plan A actually starts at maybe 20 MPW and peaks at 30. It's a 15 week plan.

From the Internet.

Popping in to say a quick hi and I miss you guys! Almost at the 2-weeks-off mark again due to the godforsaken shin splints rearing their ugly head for the third flipping time. I've had to hide my running shoes and quit visiting running sites so as to feel normal instead of sad and pouty. So far so good Smile Have been lifting heavy and I can *almost* swim without panicking, so it's been a productive break. I am going to come back strong like bear!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

hi Lauren!! OH NO!! So sorry about the shin splints Sad can't believe they came back!

Popping in to say a quick hi and I miss you guys! Almost at the 2-weeks-off mark again due to the godforsaken shin splints rearing their ugly head for the third flipping time. I've had to hide my running shoes and quit visiting running sites so as to feel normal instead of sad and pouty. So far so good Smile Have been lifting heavy and I can *almost* swim without panicking, so it's been a productive break. I am going to come back strong like bear!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Docket_Rocket

For what it's worth, Pfitz marathon training programs are among my favorites, so I would recommend his HM ones even not having done any.

This is Pfitz right? How many weeks? Sorry to interrupt....I'm already "plan shopping" for fall HM training lol. Though...based on how mileage buildup post-injury is going....I will honestly be lucky to be over 20 by when I need to start. I really hope to build to 20mpw by mid June and then hold it until mid-July when I would need to start a 12 week plan.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Ugh, Lauren!  Have you check your shoes?  Maybe they are not the right ones for you.  Also, check your pace.  Too fast while running too long might be the culprit.  Or a combination of the two.

What shoes are you using and are they neutral or support?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page