Beginners and Beyond

Derby Weekend Penguins (Read 13 times)

GinnyinPA

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

GinnyinPA

Nobody is running this weekend?

I did 6.3 very nice easy miles this afternoon.  It was cool and partly sunny, with lots of blooming azaleas and rhododendron to admire. The annual neighborhood yard sale was a complete bust.  People packed it in early both yesterday (because of rain) and today (because nobody was out buying). Usually when we walk Ben on yard sale weekend we get to say hello to all the neighbors, but not that many were participating this year.  I can't blame them, given the forecast, but the afternoon turned out to be really nice.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Hi Ginny !

DW and I ran the Indy Mini this morning.

2:26:25, no PR due to pit and photo stops on the track.

11,912/24,768

Gender 7,016/11,281

AG 94/332

DW

Gender 4,897/13,4487

AG 47/425

Pretty good for the old farts !!!

PADRunner

4 miles this morning before work and the derby.

GinnyinPA

Jerry - you both did really well, especially since it's only a week since your last one.  Was it a good race?  Fun?

PAD - nice outfit.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Didn't run yesterday but felt like myself.  Still coughing what is left over of this cold but 100% otherwise.  Will run tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

Damaris - I hope you had a good run after your days off.  Did the lungs behave?

It was really windy here, so I headed south to the C&O Canal to do a long run, sheltered by trees and cliffs from the worst of the winds.  I ended up with 14 miles. It felt really hard for some reason, though I enjoyed the towpath.  It's a beautiful wooded walk, with occasional views of the river, which is really high right now.  The towpath was really busy when I started out, but after about 2 miles, I lost most of the walkers and just had the bikes to contend with. I had 3 miles completely solo, aside from three deer that I startled.