Beginners and Beyond

Experimental ThursDAILIES (Read 32 times)

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

That means "Good workout, Jack!"

Thanks, man. You play drums, don't you? (If I remember correctly). I'm going to the DW factory tomorrow. 😀

workinprogress11

To continue the morning running theme, the only time I do that is if I'm marathon training and want to get in a long run before the heat is too bad or for a race. I will admit the rare times I do run in the morning I feel a nice sense of accomplishment to start the day, but I just can't make myself get up any earlier than I have to which, on weekdays, is 1/2 hour before work.

Anywho...6 miles with gusts of 30mph. I planned my route pretty well so it was at my side most of the time, though.

Docket_Rocket

To continue the morning running theme, the only time I do that is if I'm marathon training and want to get in a long run before the heat is too bad or for a race. I will admit the rare times I do run in the morning I feel a nice sense of accomplishment to start the day, but I just can't make myself get up any earlier than I have to which, on weekdays, is 1/2 hour before work.

Anywho...6 miles with gusts of 30mph. I planned my route pretty well so it was at my side most of the time, though.

Lucky you get to do that.  I live in the land of twister winds and nothing higher than a two-story building.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

Thanks, man. You play drums, don't you? (If I remember correctly). I'm going to the DW factory tomorrow. 😀

Bass guitar it is, and it's been collecting dust mostly since I started this running thing.

Going to the factory for a tour or something? Or are going to buy a kit there ?

onemile

I ran 8.5 with

3x800m at 5k

4x400m at slightly faster

2x200m fast

From the Internet.

Yes. It's in the settings. I like the feature because I get super stiff if I sit for too long so it's helpful. Although today I just proctored 5 practice test sessions and it thinks that means I've been "inactive".

Same - I need a reminder to get up now and then, so I like it thus far. I'm sure there will be days that I'll want to turn it off, though.

LRB

I ran 8. With some chick from Cambridge, Massachusetts.

It was a Hansons group run and I didn't know the route, so I tagged along with her.

9:12

9:30

9:28

9:19

9:31

9:19

9:22

9:29

It was windy as hell, rained the entire time, and by the time I got back to my truck it was dark and I had gills on my ankles.