Beginners and Beyond

Tuesday Penguins need to file their taxes! (Read 27 times)

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens.  I did my taxes and let's just say I am sick of California.  I am doing an easy four or five later today. All easy runs with some strides mixed in. I have a 5k on Saturday.

Bin: don't feel like you have to come back so soon.

Awood: nice run!

N-Bug: be sure to give a shoe update!

HM: have you tried orthotics?

Gus: nice shorts!

Scotty: great RRs and listen to your back

hog4life

Hey everyone, no time for personals. RD today, back on nights starting tomorrow, needless to say I'm not too happy! I've got to cover someone's vacation I had forgot about. l'll be taking off work Friday so I can make my race on Saturday, glad I put up a vacation day myself, or I would have to work Friday night.

Singer who runs a smidge

Not happening.  I'm a minimalist runner, and switching from regular shoes to minimalist cured some aches and made running happy for what, four years?  But I've known about the tendency to twist my foot, I'd just ignored it.  Apparently I ignored it a little too long!  Roll eyes

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

GinnyinPA

Jack - there's a reason so many people are leaving California!

HopesMom - my foot turns out a bit too, which is one reason they recommended support for my shoes.  In your case, the indoor track probably didn't help.  Agreed on the Pitz program.  I tried that, and it was way too aggressive.  Set me back two months.

Damaris - good news about Trixie.

Awood - I'm still at the point where anything below 9 is way out of reach.  10 is fairly comfortable, but anything beyond that is an effort.

Bin - smart decision to wait on the speed work. It's only been two days since your race.  Enjoy your vacation.  Do you leave tomorrow?

Vance - you're taking a chance.  I've seen some really gawdawful color combinations.

Gustav - hope you got good news on the x-rays.  I hope you returned the shorts - or were they throw aways?

Scotty - were you career AF?

Kristin - good idea to take it easy, you don't want to be hurting this weekend.

Billd - sounds like a nice way to start your workday.  Do you have showers at work?  Agreed on the tax bill.  We'll pay our school taxes some time this month.

AFM:  rest day today.  My husband does the taxes on Turbotax, but he's been in no hurry this year.  Time to remind him?

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Hi Pens.  I did my taxes and let's just say I am sick of California.  I am doing an easy four or five later today. All easy runs with some strides mixed in. I have a 5k on Saturday.

Bin: don't feel like you have to come back so soon.

Awood: nice run!

N-Bug: be sure to give a shoe update!

Gus: nice shorts!

Scotty: great RRs and listen to your back

There is no state income tax in Texas, Jack.  A couple years back one of our Texas state senators tried to introduce a bill to get state income tax....he was tarred and feathered by the general population and hasn't been seen since.... Wink

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Dad on the run.

Jack - Just move on over here to the east coast and then maybe we can make that run happen Smile

Woke up this morning with a pretty rough headache so I called my pharmaci..... my mom and had her bring me some meds. We take the same meds for migraines Wink. I took something for it and we got to talking and she stayed a lot longer than I was anticipating so I wasn't able to get in any exersice today, but that's ok, I enjoyed the company.

Planning to get some miles in tomorrow as well as some leg/arm workouts before work but we will see how that goes.

Still haven't done our taxes yet. I tried to do them myself but it said we would owe like 4500 so I'm going to let our tax guy do them and see if maybe I missed something and he can get that brought down some. I know we are going to have to pay but I'm really hoping its not quite that much.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Sloooow.

There is no state income tax in Texas, Jack.  A couple years back one of our Texas state senators tried to introduce a bill to get state income tax....he was tarred and feathered by the general population and hasn't been seen since.... Wink

Jindal has suggested getting rid of State tax here in Louisiana and he has pretty much been tarred and feathered for that, lol.

N-Bug

Will run for beer.

Started feeling muscle tired at work about 2p or so...  like I'd worked out hard both arms and legs and I'd done nothing physical.  Decided to come home and crash.  All good... just going to rest.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

TaxACT always reminds me of some deduction I would have otherwise forgotten.  So much better and cheaper than having the accountant do them.  And the refunds come in about a week.  Even here in Gree....I mean Illinois.

Off work for next week.  3 quick miles today.  5 days to race day  !!!!!!

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

I hate, hate, hate taxes.  I offend at least one person every tax season when they tell me about their return.  I don't mean to, but....argh.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I hear ya awood. My 2 part time jobs I don't have taxes withdrawn during the year because I am 1099. So I always have to pay many thousands of dollars. It is expected but I HATE IT! I will NEVER get a refund! My boyfriend got a huge one this year and bought a new bike and golf bag with it. I almost punched him lol

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Zelanie

Taxes are done and filed (for free) thanks to AARP. Smile  No, we're not retired, it's the retirees that do your taxes for you!  My dad is a big volunteer for their program, he is working at three different tax centers this year, so I don't feel too bad taking our (relatively simple) return to them.

Still have to write that check to actually *pay* the taxes, though. Sad  But a little bit proud that we've been able to work ourselves to the point where we actually make enough to have to pay.  That wasn't the case for many years.

We're back at home, got in at 2AM, and I had to work today.  Boo.  Headed out to run 6.5 with 3 x 1 mi. @ 10K pace in a bit.  Last speedwork before the race!

hog4life

My taxes have been done and the refund is mostly spent. No offense to anyone, but there is no way I can wait to near the deadline. I've never had to owe anything and usually get a few hundred, to a couple thousand back. My middle son was audited for 2011, he forgot to turn in a few thousand dollars as income and had to pay a few hundred into them.

Kristin, what is 1099? Is that where they don't withold taxes or something? Oh, and from my RR, Scottydawg is a survivor, and I believe his was colorectal too.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

My taxes have been done and the refund is mostly spent. No offense to anyone, but there is no way I can wait to near the deadline. I've never had to owe anything and usually get a few hundred, to a couple thousand back. My middle son was audited for 2011, he forgot to turn in a few thousand dollars as income and had to pay a few hundred into them.

Kristin, what is 1099? Is that where they don't withold taxes or something? Oh, and from my RR, Scottydawg is a survivor, and I believe his was colorectal too.

1099 is an independent contractor. They do not withhold any taxes from my paychecks. Thanks for letting me know about scotty! I know he survived cancer but did not know what kind! He will be on my mind Sunday too!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Dad on the run.

Mitch - We are game for the Cotton Row 10k! I will be registering this week! As of now, we have 1 race for this month and 2 for next. We will also be doing the Liz Hurley again this year and I hope to run the Huntsville Half.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.