Beginners and Beyond

NYE SunDAILIES (Read 37 times)

Believe it or not, I am more likely to take the polar plunge than I am to run 50 miles on my 50th birthday, or even 50 kilometres for that matter. 

Same here. Of course the latter opportunity has passed. (Check of log: I ran 13 miles.) I actually had the Toledo Marathon penciled in for my 50th. But got injured early in the training cycle and decided to pass.

Dave

hog4life

50K's? Haha, here, maybe this will help!

50k's suck! LOL. I have one more in January to complete this challenge, then I think I'm done with them. I just don't run enough miles to support the distance. Today was 25 degrees with a feels like 12 at start time. Then it warmed up to 30 degrees with a feels like 19. I wore 2 shirts with a jacket, running pants over my shorts, skull cap and gloves. The course was a 1 mile out-and-back, then 10 loops of a 3 mile course, totaling about 3300' of elevation. Each loop had about 350' of climb, and it was all on one hill that was about 1/4 mile long. I didn't see too many people running up it! My watch had a time of 6:21, but the official time was 7:01. After 4 loops, everything I had on was soaking wet, so I changed shirts, jacket, gloves, and hat. And again in about 3-4 loops, I was soaking wet again. The wind was blowing so hard, that I stayed warmer by walking. It's crazy that I lost about 40 minutes just from changing clothes 3 times, lol. Maybe I should have dressed a little lighter, idk!

Happy New Year everyone. 1044 miles for the year, and injury free!

Docket_Rocket

50K's? Haha, here, maybe this will help!

50k's suck! LOL. I have one more in January to complete this challenge, then I think I'm done with them. I just don't run enough miles to support the distance. Today was 25 degrees with a feels like 12 at start time. Then it warmed up to 30 degrees with a feels like 19. I wore 2 shirts with a jacket, running pants over my shorts, skull cap and gloves. The course was a 1 mile out-and-back, then 10 loops of a 3 mile course, totaling about 3300' of elevation. Each loop had about 350' of climb, and it was all on one hill that was about 1/4 mile long. I didn't see too many people running up it! My watch had a time of 6:21, but the official time was 7:01. After 4 loops, everything I had on was soaking wet, so I changed shirts, jacket, gloves, and hat. And again in about 3-4 loops, I was soaking wet again. The wind was blowing so hard, that I stayed warmer by walking. It's crazy that I lost about 40 minutes just from changing clothes 3 times, lol. Maybe I should have dressed a little lighter, idk!

Happy New Year everyone. 1044 miles for the year, and injury free!

Awesome job!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

Mitch - you finished and you learned something. Sounds worthwhile to me.

I thought about doing 60k on my 60th birthday, but i wasn't in anything like good enough shape for it, plus it was seriously cold that weekend. I really didn't want to spend any more time outside than I had to.