Beginners and Beyond

Yo Penguins, it's Thursday!! (Read 13 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

Chorus rehearsal tonight.  Quartet last night was good, but people were freaking out around me all day yesterday, which was annoying.  DH suggested that I only check email at noon and 3:15.  It's a good idea, but I can already tell it's going to be difficult!!  How about y'all, when can the world reach you?

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have Pilates, a massage and a run tonight.

Hope's Mom, enjoy the rehearsal tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Jill.

Penguin Power!

I will run something today.  Yesterday I let time get away from me and didn't wind up doing anything productive.  Ugh.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

GinnyinPA

HopesMom - sorry about all the drama around you.  I check email about twice a day. I don't get much any more.  Running forums I look at more often. Facebook is about twice a day, sometimes less.

D - sounds like a busy evening.  Massage before or after exercise?

Jill - the weather today is a lot better than yesterday.  Enjoy your run.  (Or are the sidewalks covered with snow?)

I'll do 5 or so this afternoon.  Looks like I'm rearranging my runs again this weekend to avoid rain and cold.  It didn't work last week - I still ended up doing my LR on the TM - but this week's long run is only 12 miles so I hope I can find two dry hours.

Singer who runs a smidge

I will admit that FB informed me that Alan Rickman has died. 

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Jill - the weather today is a lot better than yesterday.  Enjoy your run.  (Or are the sidewalks covered with snow?)

I ran on the treadmill again.  I still have a bit of residual coughing from the bronchitis that I had in early December -- but only when I exert myself in below freezing weather.  I'm going away this weekend to a place without a treadmill, so I'll be outside running in the cold on Saturday and Sunday.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

PADRunner

4 Miles and a MRI this morning. It'll be a few days till I get results.

Docket_Rocket

After the massage, I decided not to run so day 4 of not running.  Whatever.  I'll run tomorrow, fo sure!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

4 for us on the streets.  Felt good today so mostly under 10:00 with very short walks every .5 mile.  DW said it hurt her hammy so we stopped early.