Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES: The clock struck 5:00... (Read 31 times)

onemile

Hope you weren't surprised when you saw the course...

How are you feeling about your half coming up? I'm not sure about mine. Sub 1:30 sounds feasible, but a half is still a long race, so I'm afraid I might not manage it well.

I only ran it because it is a race in the tiny town where my mom lives in the middle of nowhere Smile

I have been feeling more confident recently, not necessarily that I can run sub-1:30 but that I am in better shape than when I ran my PR. What time that feeling translates to, I don't know.  But I am sure you will get it!

LRB

Not by a whole lot

2 miles at 6:41 pace (it was actually 2.02 because my track doesn't have a 2 mile marker so it was 7 laps plus 100 meters )

2 min easy

1 mile at 6:36

1.5 min easy
      2 miles at 6:39

2 min easy

1 mile at 6:29

11 miles total

I nailed it.

LRB

Done. 

And in other news, feet stink.

LRB

I left work an hour early to get my 7 in while I still had life in my pathetic, wretched ass body. That turned out to be a great call as the skies opened up shortly after I finished.

I finished the run roughly about an hour before yoga class so I decided to go and try it while my muscles was still warm, something I've never done. Yep, nope, it still sucked

onemile

I left work an hour early to get my 7 in while I still had life in my pathetic, wretched ass body. That turned out to be a great call as the skies opened up shortly after I finished.

I finished the run roughly about an hour before yoga class so I decided to go and try it while my muscles was still warm, something I've never done. Yep, nope, it still sucked

Looks like you had a decent workout

LRB

Looks like you had a decent workout

It was only 800s so no big deal. The wind was steady though and came in with a vengeance towards the end. I was gassed for that last rep.

onemile

It was only 800s so no big deal. The wind was steady though and came in with a vengeance towards the end. I was gassed for that last rep.

yeah the rain and 25-40mph wind gusts was enough for me to use the indoor track