Beginners and Beyond

Washout Wednesday Penguins (Read 14 times)

PADRunner

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

PADRunner

I thought I could out run the ran but didn't make it. The last half was in the pouring rain. Ended with a little over 3.

Docket_Rocket

What's up with people not wanting to run in the rain?  It's awesome. Not Miami rain that floods the streets in minutes, but rain!

I have Pilates and either 5 or 9 miles.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  Our gig last night went well -- the place had really good acoustics, so that's always nice.  And the audience was responsive, which is not always the case at assisted living places.  So woo-hoo!!  Today I have to hurry home after work and make cookies for tomorrow's potluck dinner for chorus.  Good stuff!!

PAD -- sorry you got poured on.  That's just no fun.  But woo-hoo for your 3!!

Docket -- I think it's when the rain is COLD!!  Enjoy your Pilates and whichever miles!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Morning, Penguins!!  Our gig last night went well -- the place had really good acoustics, so that's always nice.  And the audience was responsive, which is not always the case at assisted living places.  So woo-hoo!!  Today I have to hurry home after work and make cookies for tomorrow's potluck dinner for chorus.  Good stuff!!

PAD -- sorry you got poured on.  That's just no fun.  But woo-hoo for your 3!!

Docket -- I think it's when the rain is COLD!!  Enjoy your Pilates and whichever miles!!

I doubt the South has cold now.  All I've seen are my friends and others in the South not willing to run in the rain down here when we hit 100F in the last few days.  Silly nillies, all of them. Big grin

Not referring to poor PAD, of course.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

You'd be surprised -- it's been a freakishly chilly and wet May.  Highs haven't been in the 70's often, and mornings have been in the 40's.  Our heat still comes on in the mornings!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

GinnyinPA

PAD - I don't mind having rain catch up to me as much as I mind heading out when it's already raining.  Of course a good downpour can be blinding, both for me and the drivers, which adds to the excitement.  At least you got in 3 miles.

D - have fun with your class and 5 or 9.  Does it depend on whether you run with Richard or not?

HopesMom - I'm glad the gig was a good one.  I remember singing in nursing homes when I was a Scout, aeons ago.  They made me very determined not to ever end up in one.

We have rain here too - 50 and drizzly.  It's supposed to clear up later, so I'll wait on my run, though Ben will get a nice wet walk. After last night's film about the founding of the Beer Runners, I'm feeling very inspired to go do some miles.

Docket_Rocket

PAD - I don't mind having rain catch up to me as much as I mind heading out when it's already raining.  Of course a good downpour can be blinding, both for me and the drivers, which adds to the excitement.  At least you got in 3 miles.

D - have fun with your class and 5 or 9.  Does it depend on whether you run with Richard or not?

HopesMom - I'm glad the gig was a good one.  I remember singing in nursing homes when I was a Scout, aeons ago.  They made me very determined not to ever end up in one.

We have rain here too - 50 and drizzly.  It's supposed to clear up later, so I'll wait on my run, though Ben will get a nice wet walk. After last night's film about the founding of the Beer Runners, I'm feeling very inspired to go do some miles.

Not today.  he is sick and not running until Thursday.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Group run this morning, but I was the group.  3.5 miles.

PADRunner

I doubt the South has cold now.  All I've seen are my friends and others in the South not willing to run in the rain down here when we hit 100F in the last few days.  Silly nillies, all of them. Big grin

Not referring to poor PAD, of course.

We had 90's last week 60 this morning. It wasn't that bad but the last 1/2 I was running in 2" of water.

GinnyinPA

I went out between showers and got caught by some light rain at miles 3 and 7.  Not enough to make puddles or even get very wet. 7.3 total.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

I'm still resting my pissed off back.  I'm going to do the half on Saturday with Kristin as a fun run.  She hasn't been training and I'm injured so it seems like it'll be a winning combo.  As long as no one ends up in the hospital this year's race will have to be better than last year's. How's that for optimism?

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Docket_Rocket

We had 90's last week 60 this morning. It wasn't that bad but the last 1/2 I was running in 2" of water.

Those are the worse!  Took me 1.5 hours to get to Pilates 14 miles away from my office.  Sigh, I think drivers should stay home when it rains, instead of the runners, ha.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

PADRunner