Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES and my Brain is Frozen (Read 40 times)

outoftheblue

It's still in the 80s out here.   I'm ready for some rainy, fall weather.   Cross-training and weights on tap for me today, maybe a mile or two at recovery pace.

Pink -- It sounds like you have a good doctor and are making a good decision.  I hope the procedure goes well and you make a speedy recovery.

Life is good.

Docket_Rocket

It's still in the 80s out here.   I'm ready for some rainy, fall weather.   Cross-training and weights on tap for me today, maybe a mile or two at recovery pace.

Pink -- It sounds like you have a good doctor and are making a good decision.  I hope the procedure goes well and you make a speedy recovery.

It's in the 90-100F down here!  We usually don't get a fall until January but this year it looks like we're not getting one at all.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

I'm experiencing a pretty bad FWP today.  My home computer isn't working.  I blame Phil, however it's still my job to fix it.

AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Well, it probably wasn't him - but I can't prove it otherwise yet Wink

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

10.1. I rarely have bad runs. Today was one of them. Sleep wasn't great since one of the pups was sick and dh got home at 2 am from a fire investigation. He is NOT quiet when he comes home. Banging around the house. I told him that, and he agrees he is far from quiet.

I walk the dog every morning before I leave for work. I also leave early since I now run on the TM before work. My DW does not like this and say I'm noisy (not on purpose). Our house creaks a bit when you walk on the floors and as soon as she hears the first creak, it's all she listens for.

I did walk the dog this morning (as usual), as well as have my DW scowl at me as I left for work (as usual). 4 Easy miles done on the TM. Today I did feel a bit fatigued. It's only been a week and a half since my FM and I wonder if I'm still recovering. I was going to try a Pace run but I still think I'll keep it easy for a while. I do have a 5k that I want to go sub 22 in on Saturday, but we'll see.

Thanks to everyone for their kind thoughts, words and prayers regarding my Grandpa. We're in a tenuous situation where they're doing 'comfort care', so we don't know how long it will last.

Have a great day everyone.

- Andrew

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Brr our house isn't that old and he just makes no effort to be quiet   Heck he even turns in the light in our bathroom slams the back door when taking the dogs out etc. Now, if it is me, I make an effort to be quiet, shut the door when I turn on the master bath light or our closet light so it isn't shining on his face, softly close the door versus just letting it swing (slam) shut blah blah blah. If I leave at 4 to run he never even hears me leave.

Marjorie

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Enjoy the pooch walk, granite!

Enjoy your run later, SIAR!  Good luck with the pacing this weekend!

Sorry the IT band is still bothering you, Jimmy.

sorry about the bad run, Marjorie.  But heck...still got in 10 miles on a bad run?  Lots of folks would have just called it a day, you kept pressing on.  Way to go.

Enjoy the weights and x-training, outoftheblue.  I bet Damaris would kill for 80s!

What's an FWP,  MBC?  Or do I even want to know?  Hope your day gets better!

Andrew, maybe you should get your DW some ear-plugs.   Probably smart to keep the running easy for a bit more if you are still fatigued.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Evening, Dailies!

Sarah, sounds like this doctor could work out for you!

SRD #2 today, trying to let the body heal. The leg feels a lot better today than it did yesterday.

Anybody know anything about glucosamine?

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Docket_Rocket

Evening, Dailies!

Sarah, sounds like this doctor could work out for you!

SRD #2 today, trying to let the body heal. The leg feels a lot better today than it did yesterday.

Anybody know anything about glucosamine?

My husband (he is a doctor) thinks it is a crock of shit and that there are no real studies proving otherwise.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hi dailies:

Cool here as well, first chance of flakes tonight.

10.2 with the second half near HMP.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

That's kind of what I thought, D. Usually, anything that seems too good to be true probably is.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

B-Plus

SRD

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Got in 3 tonight on the TM.  Again, it kills me to think of where I was a couple weeks ago but tonight is 2 weeks to the day that the knee went & aside from "knowing" it was there & ready to act stupid if I wasn't careful, I did run mostly pain-free tonight.  I hope that's a good sign as I really want to run freely and I feel like I'm running like a 100 year old lady to protect myself. Undecided

Randy