Beginners and Beyond

Stop Me If You've Heard This One Before MONDAILIES (Read 244 times)

runmomto3boys

SRD b/c of my 4 year old's Christmas concert, but I am secretly hoping to get even a few miles in late tonight after we get home.  If I can't, no big deal, though.   

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Morning gang! SRD for me after a busy birthday weekend. 30min spin  with some strength/core this mornign though. DW bought me a pair of Mizuno Wave Rider 16s for my birthday and really nice looking shoe. Can't wait to break'em in tomorrow.

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Morning, guys!

Haven't been on for a couple of days.  Got a 10 mile run in on Saturday which brought my total for last week to 18, lol.

This morning's run was supposed to be 6.  It got shortened to 2.75 however, due to weather/road conditions.  It's been snowing and the roads were a mess.  Cars sliding around, saw a pickup truck almost hit a school bus (why was school not cancelled??) when it attempted to take a turn but kept sliding, and I fell for the first time in my running life- not once but one and a half times!  The first "fall" was a skid that ended on one knee, the second was a full out fall onto my hands and knees, then continued sliding downhill for another 3 feet, after I hit a curb that I didn't see under the snow.  Decided I was done taking my life in my hands and headed home.  My knees feel a little bruised but otherwise ok.  So, will have to tack those missing miles onto another run this week, I guess.

Have a good day, guys!  : )

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

Baboon, enjoy the speedwork.

Rick, it's one of those days for me, too.

Dave, have a great TM run.

RM2B, have a great time! Kids' productions are always cuteSmile

jedigunnie26.2, Happy Belated Birthday! I hope that your workouts go well. Enjoy the new shoes.

I'm off to work. I'm a bit frustrated with a colleague:/

Docket_Rocket

When you surprised the Starbucks lady when you ask for an extra shot, you know it's Monday.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just got up, and have less than an hour to be at my desk...

It's gonna take a whole lot of coffee to get me through today.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Morning gnag! SRD for me after a busy birthday weekend. 30min spin  with some strength/core this mornign though. DW bought me a pair of Mizuno Wave Rider 16s for my birthday and really nice looking shoe. Can't wait to break'em in tomorrow.

Nice birthday gift!  Are you sure you don't want to break them in today?  Just saying....

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Nice birthday gift!  Are you sure you don't want to break them in today?  Just saying....

I wanted to break them in last nite.Smile I decided to stick to my SRD today as I was beat from the weekend, and too busy tonite shuttling kids around.

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Hola! On Sunday I did Race #72 for the year.  One more and I will be tied with last year's record of 73 races in a year.  Here is the link to my report and, as usual, the many photos I took.

http://forums.runnersworld.com/forums/runner-communities/beginners#plckforumpage=ForumDiscussion&plckdiscussionid=Cat%3ARunner%20CommunitiesForum%3A608106477Discussion%3Aeb7fd3a5-7484-43df-9299-b5cec830278c

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Enjoy the Christmas Concert RM23B!

Yay for new shoes, Billy!  Just got me some new Asics Nimbus.

Dang, Kristin.  Sounds like it's time to move, with that weather!  How about San Antonio? It will be 71 here today! Big grin

Frustrated with a colleague, hope that resolves BasyaSpiliakos.  I can relate.  Of course, I try to be fair and think, hey, I'm sure some of my colleagues often get frustrated with me too. 

StepbyStep-SH

Yikes, Kristen! Glad you decided to head back home.

Planning on 9-10 miles after dropping DS off at school, then a 30-minute pilates class.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Enjoy the rest day, Dave.

Good luck with the father-son contest, Eddie!

Sorry about the hamstring, April.  Hope it's 100% in no time.

I admire that you can ski, Baboon.  I tried it once...I ran into a goat......Blush

This is my last workweek before the holidays.  Since I work for a university, we pretty much shut down, so no work from this weekend until January 2nd, nice.

Weezer88

Morning gang! SRD for me after a busy birthday weekend. 30min spin  with some strength/core this mornign though. DW bought me a pair of Mizuno Wave Rider 16s for my birthday and really nice looking shoe. Can't wait to break'em in tomorrow.

Pictures or it didn't happen. I used to wear the 11's, 12's and 13's but Mizuno changed something on the 14's and I never went back!  Hope you like them!

I AM WEEZER.

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Pictures or it didn't happen. I used to wear the 11's, 12's and 13's but Mizuno changed something on the 14's and I never went back!  Hope you like them!

Not sure how to post pics here yet. I hear lot of people did not like 14. I ran in 15s which I just retired with 528m. This was switching from ASICS Nimbus a shoe I really liked.

Up Next:

???

Good morning everyone! My no run streak is at 8 days. I must have really needed it. LOL  At least my foot feels better. Not too happy about a goose egg for last week, but whatcha gonna do?

Time to get off my lazy ass.  I don't do well without a schedule (obviously) so I'll be putting together an off season schedule today. I'm going to start the week off with 3 easy miles tonight.

Nightcrawler-

You may be right

6 for me tonight when the sun goes down.   

Don't believe everything you think.