Beginners and Beyond

It's E-Day Penguins (Read 17 times)

PADRunner

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

PADRunner

6 on the TM this morning w/5x1200.

I'll probably vote on the way to work. There's never a line in my precinct.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have Pilates and weights. I voted two weeks ago, so I'll just drink and watch the shit show.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Wait...what election ???

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  As I drove by my polling place this morning, I think there was only one parking space open, although the line wasn't out the door yet.  I'm planning to vote on the way home -- hoping that by the time I get there (around 6:00) most people will be gone.  

PAD -- woo-hoo for your 6 and intervals!!

Docket -- enjoy the show!!

Jerryb -- Good morning!!  They say there's some kind of election going on today.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

GinnyinPA

HopesMom - I think you're still going to have to wait, so bring a snack and a book.

PAD - good job on the TM workout.  Voting in our precinct is usually pretty easy too. It helps that we only have one referendum question and few local offices on the ballot.

D - enjoy your xt day. Are you stiff/sore from Indy?

AFM:  We'll vote after lunch. I'm planning on doing a few miles later to loosen up. My side and arm are both pretty sore.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Didn't want to deal with the slippery wet leaves, so we ran about 3 miles indoors for the first time since last winter.  Tried the new Ride 9's out and they felt good, but a little weird with the lower heel drop than I am used to.

Heading over to the polling place to see what this election thing is all about.

Docket_Rocket

HopesMom - I think you're still going to have to wait, so bring a snack and a book.

PAD - good job on the TM workout.  Voting in our precinct is usually pretty easy too. It helps that we only have one referendum question and few local offices on the ballot.

D - enjoy your xt day. Are you stiff/sore from Indy?

AFM:  We'll vote after lunch. I'm planning on doing a few miles later to loosen up. My side and arm are both pretty sore.

Not sore at all.  But I did tell myself to not run until the weekend.  We'll see!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Driving myself crazy at work today, sigh.

PAD, good luck voting.

Hope, good luck voting!

Jerry, LOL.  Nice 3.

Ginny, hope your voting went easier than what I've seen.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

We had to wait about 15 minutes to get the electronic voting machine.  They had many more punch machines. Thought everyone voted early?

GinnyinPA

We have old fashioned paper ballots where you use a pen to ink in the circles.  Only about a 10 minute wait to get to the booth. No running today because my back was so sore, but I did do some stationary biking.