Beginners and Beyond

Frenetic Friday Penguins!! (Read 8 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

Hiya, Penguins!!  Frenetic is for me, because I have a lunchtime gig today.  Which means in about half an hour I need to start changing into fancy clothes and doing my makeup, so that I can drive half an hour, sing half an hour, drive half an hour back, take off the fancy clothes, scrub off the makeup, and shift back into work mode.  Woo-hoo!!

Tomorrow is an all-day coaching session, with individual 20-minute voice lessons.  As a section leader (and future assistant director) I'm supposed to sit in on everybody's voice lesson and learn things.  I think it'll be completely fascinating!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Zelanie

HsM, good luck!  I would have a really tough time getting back into work mode after a performance.

No ice or snow here today, just 36 degrees and raining.  It looks like I picked a good week to not be running that much.

Singer who runs a smidge

I'm also making financial arrangements so DH can buy us a new dishwasher and hot water heater.  We need to make our appliances sign some kind of agreement not to break at the same time!!

GinnyinPA

HopesMom: Have fun at your gig today.  Did your hot water heater flood things?  That happened to us once - the basement was 6 inches deep in water. Our current one is getting older (6 years) and is only rated for 7, so we need to pay attention and keep an eye on leaks.

Z - definitely a good week to take it easy.

It's 33 feels like 19 at the moment, with 14-18 mph winds. We can walk Ben bundled to the eyeballs, but I'm not sure about running. Jim has a doctor's appt., so I'll try something after that. Today's high is only supposed to be 37 feels like 23. Maybe TM?

Singer who runs a smidge

Nah, it's not leaking, it's just not making a whole lot of hot water.  DH has changed out both elements and one of the thermostats, but I still ran out of hot water for my shower this morning.

The gig was nice.  The upside of singing at an assisted living facility is that if you're not perfect and you make a few mistakes, they don't care.  The downside is that if you are perfect and don't make any mistakes, they don't really care.    But we had fun, and so did they.  Ho ho ho!!!

Docket_Rocket

Afternoon!  I have 7 miles!

Hope, nice job on the gig.

Z, 36F sounds nice.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page