Beginners and Beyond

Wednesdailies on the 14th (Read 37 times)

Docket_Rocket

7 TM miles and then I went to OTF and ran 2.85 and almost died, lol.  That was tough., ALL OUT ALL OUT.  Sheesh.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

Tempo run done.  60 minutes of bullshit.

<3

Half Crazy K 2.0

I like the colors on the Boston & Rock and Roll versions of the Launch. I tried them on last time I went to Holabird Sports and they didn't work. Darn.

bluerun

Super B****

Runner's and their shoe choices  I think the RnR ones are hideous but would totally wear the blue ones.

But blue is a slow color. 

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Docket_Rocket

^ This.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

bluerun

Super B****

I like the colors on the Boston & Rock and Roll versions of the Launch. I tried them on last time I went to Holabird Sports and they didn't work. Darn.

Have you tried previous versions of the Launch?

chasing the impossible

Half Crazy K 2.0

Have you tried previous versions of the Launch?

No. I usually wear Mizuno Wave Riders, but the price was right, so I figured I'd try them on. FYI, the 4s are now $58 at Holabird.

bluerun

Super B****

No. I usually wear Mizuno Wave Riders, but the price was right, so I figured I'd try them on. FYI, the 4s are now $58 at Holabird.

Oh, I was just wondering because I’ve heard the 5 is different than the 2-4, and if they won’t work for me I REALLY need to find another shoe!  (I have the Riders 16-18, but for some reason I just find them so... noisy.  It’s weird.)

chasing the impossible

Docket_Rocket

Oh, I was just wondering because I’ve heard the 5 is different than the 2-4, and if they won’t work for me I REALLY need to find another shoe!  (I have the Riders 16-18, but for some reason I just find them so... noisy.  It’s weird.)

I have the prior St. Patrick's version (4). I didn't feel much of a difference but I only have done one 10K with the 4s and a 5 miler in the 5.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

bluerun

Super B****

I have the prior St. Patrick's version (4). I didn't feel much of a difference but I only have done one 10K with the 4s and a 5 miler in the 5.

*sigh* They’re all so ugly now though... and I can’t wear the men’s Launch, so I really don’t have much color choice.  Such a problem.

chasing the impossible

sdWhiskers

You've just solved my speed problems!! It's always the shoes!

Sometimes I buy the ugly colors because they're cheaper and then wear them on the trails.

GinnyinPA

When you wear very wide shoes, you don't have a lot of choice in colors. Sometimes it's between hideous and slightly less hideous.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

So that's my problem. Almost all my shoes and half my running clothes are blue.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

sdWhiskers

5 miles on trails before meeting with my personal trainer. I added in 8 x 1 min on/off to pick up the pace a little. Then trashed my legs with too many squats.

Coastal

When you wear 14EE shoes you rarely get a color choice.  It's usually  between crappy and crappy.

May have to try a 15  

LM:  Sounds like your taper is going along right well.  You're hitting all the benchmarks right on schedule 

6 miles on the TM tonight.  Walked into the fitness room and there was 10 new Precor treadmills there.  Who but a crazy runner could get excited over new treadmills?  Knee's been complaining a little bit so I decided the controlled flat surface of the TM might be a good idea.