Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILY Penguins Turning Up the Heat (Read 25 times)

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Bin - That thing is designed to sneak alcohol into stadiums...LOL

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Well that is good to know then.  What did you guys figure out about water?  I'm still holding to my "no water for runs under 10 miles" rule, even in the summer, but I realized on my trail run that I should at least bring water for the dogs.  Along the river is fine because they get swim breaks.

I carry water for anything over 2.5 miles. I am a wimp. Smile

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

GinnyinPA

I carry water for anything over 45 minutes, unless it's cold.  Then I'll give it an hour.  I seem to overheat pretty easily these days, and I sweat a lot.  I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.  I probably drink too much, even when I'm not running, but so far it mostly works for me.

My 14 on the TM was hard.  I really didn't want to run today, especially a long run.  The first hour was fine, watching an outdoor video, but then I started to have problems, both physically and with my motivation.  I ended up breaking the run into three segments - 7 miles, 4 miles, then three.  I took a short break at 7 miles to put on some music and drink a bit of water, then four miles later a long one when it came time to change the tapes.  I just lay on the floor, sweating buckets, for about 10 minutes. The last three miles I did really slowly and they were okay.  I think the Gatorade had kicked in by then so I was on a bit of a sugar rush.

Zelanie

T-rod- If I ran in the same weather you were running in, I think I'd try to bring a hose along with me!

Ginny- Good job getting those miles done!