Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES (Read 24 times)

sdWhiskers

10 miles with 5 continuous tempo. Plan said to run at 7:15-7:30 which is not really what I consider tempo, certainly not LT (I hope) - it's sort of midway between HMP and MP. But I had no idea what to expect, since the only speed work I've done in the last few months has been short intervals. Anyway it ended up going way better than expected. First mile was a bit rough, but after that it went better than I would have predicted. 7:29, 6:57, 7:06, 6:53, 6:54. The last 4 were more like LT for me.

Nice!

But you didn't follow directions 

I have 57k on my 2016 car. I should have taken note of the mileage in November 2019 when I lost my job. Prior to that, I was commuting 40 miles per day. After that, between unemployment, COVID, and WFH, I could go a week without driving it. And most trips were ~1 mile to the grocery or drugstore. With the exception of my weekly group run meetup. Eventually we started to go on some longer recreational road trips, but in general my mileage has been crazy low.

Of course I also have about 57k on my other car, which is a 1990.

Dave

Nice!

LOL I know.

Incidentally next week should be fun: 12-16 x 400, with 100m recoveries. That's not much of a recovery! At least it's supposed to be "cruise interval," or 7:00-7:15 pace, so maybe not too bad. I will just need to program my watch - I usually just like to use track markings, but that doesn't work with those recoveries. Plus I'll never be able to keep count of 16 on my own.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

In Michigan that would go over like a turd in a punch bowl at a birthday party.

With a bunch of screams about mah freedumbs!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

My car hit 25,000 miles yesterday and is a little more than two years old.  Pre-covid, I'd put 28,000 miles a year on it.  I like not driving so much.

With destination races cancelled or in high COVID areas, my driving has been cut sharply.  It's been almost a year since I bought it and I have about 3500 miles.  I think Cyberic may run farther than that this year.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

LRB

With a bunch of screams about mah freedumbs!

That's funny.

Cyberic

In Michigan that would go over like a turd in a punch bowl at a birthday party.

This premier is the most popular in a very long time in the province. He convinced the people to get the vaccine, and now that most did, he doesn't want the people who did to pay for the minority who didn't. So he actually does what he said he would do when he was almost begging the population to get vaxxed, and because of that, the silent majority love him.

Cyberic

With destination races cancelled or in high COVID areas, my driving has been cut sharply.  It's been almost a year since I bought it and I have about 3500 miles.  I think Cyberic may run farther than that this year.

Lol !

Cyberic

Nice!

Yeah! What about specific magic paces?

Good workout!

GinnyinPA

Rainy day here, but I managed to get out between showers. I ran 7.1 and the rain held off until mile 5. I spent about 20 minutes helping to corral a loose dog. The owner just lets her go out alone in the unfenced yard to do her business, but admits that she is untrained and often doesn't obey commands to come home. The dog is still a puppy and prefers to play in the fields. Not a surprise. Since they live on a busy road, that is really stupid. They plan to get a fence and to send the dog away to be trained, but right now they have a beautiful 1 year old pup that is doing her own thing.

Docket_Rocket

Ginny, hope the dog survives the we will get a fence eventually.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

RunningOnSand

Lovely!! This would be the coldest day of the year for me.

LOL. I wouldn't mind that so much. Actually I take that back. For Christmas, I'd prefer it to be snowy--for maybe like a month. And then being in the low 40s would be ideal.