Beginners and Beyond

Oh wait, it IS Thursday Penguins!! (Read 16 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

I was looking for yesterday's thread, and I thought, "Didn't anyone start a penguins thread on Thursday?"  Oh right, TODAY is Thursday!  Because I had a chorus show last night, I'm going to be wrong all day long.

Anyway, I'm back at work for the first day since last Wednesday.  I have prednisone and an inhaler from my doctor, who says my problems are viral.  The meds are calming things down a little, so I'm coughing a little less violently, which is a major blessing.  Might even go for a walk this afternoon!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have Pilates and 7-8 miles tonight.

Took two of the kittehs to the vet for their annual checkup.  Not sure why Hershey is whining now, but I am sure he feels himself entitled to more attention than usual because of it.  Working from home.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

From the Internet.

Afternoon pens!

Gym this morning for upper body, 8 miles on tap sometime soon. I meant to get my run in early this morning but heavy deadlifts yesterday afternoon --> I completely slept through my alarm this morning.

Zelanie

HsM- Glad you're feeling a bit better!  Did you hear back from your group about singing tomorrow?

Lauren- Glad the calf is behaving for you.

D- I'm sure the other kittehs just thought they were in for super special treatment and not a vet visit.

I think I'm going to go with pool running over the Alter-G.  The scheduling for the Alter-G looks to be a hassle (the guy in charge of it is leaving tomorrow and I don't think they have a replacement yet), plus I think it's expensive and I'm not sure if the hours fit in with my work schedule.  My flotation belt arrives tomorrow, making today officially the longest day evar.

Docket_Rocket

But Hershey was among the two at the vet!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

But Hershey was among the two at the vet!

So he's pissed and deserves a better outing!

Singer who runs a smidge

HsM- Glad you're feeling a bit better!  Did you hear back from your group about singing tomorrow?

Twas last night.  It wasn't pretty.

Today I've had a meeting, emailed a bajillion people, fixed up all the audience choice award ballots, filled out a couple of different forms, I'm troubleshooting an HPLC, I averaged our power bills since we got solar and compared them to the power bills over the same time frame last year (about 60%, which isn't bad, winter is always highest), fixed some grant application stuff, and filled out a survey.

I blame prednisone.

Zelanie

Twas last night.  It wasn't pretty.

Today I've had a meeting, emailed a bajillion people, fixed up all the audience choice award ballots, filled out a couple of different forms, I'm troubleshooting an HPLC, I averaged our power bills since we got solar and compared them to the power bills over the same time frame last year (about 60%, which isn't bad, winter is always highest), fixed some grant application stuff, and filled out a survey.

I blame prednisone.

Sounds like a busy day!  I thought you had until Friday for some reason for the concerts.

Glad you're getting good results from your solar system!  We're paying a lot less when you just look at the power bill, or slightly more when you factor in the payments we're making on the solar panels.

Singer who runs a smidge

Oh no, I'm not factoring in the payment on the panels!!  That way lies madness ...

Zelanie

Oh no, I'm not factoring in the payment on the panels!!  That way lies madness ...

And summer is on its way! Smile

Singer who runs a smidge

Yes, I'm REALLY looking forward to that.  Go, solar panels, go!!

GinnyinPA

HopesMom - I'm glad you're feeling better.  You're certainly being productive!

Z - good luck with the pool running.  Do you have a Y nearby?

D- I hope your run and class went well.  Poor kitties.  I want coddling after I get a shot, why shouldn't they?

Lauren - I hope you had a good 8.

I did a slow six this afternoon.  Strong wind, but only in my face for a short distance.  The rest of the run felt like I was fighting a headwind, but that was only my sluggish legs and lungs.  I seem to get about one good run a week lately, and this wasn't it.  Tomorrow should be cooler, which will help, I hope.

Zelanie

Ginny- We have a community pool that has a reasonably-priced 3 month pass.  I'll go once for the one-time fee, and if it works I will join.

Hope as the spring goes on you'll get a higher percentage of good runs.

HopesMom - I'm glad you're feeling better.  You're certainly being productive!

Z - good luck with the pool running.  Do you have a Y nearby?

D- I hope your run and class went well.  Poor kitties.  I want coddling after I get a shot, why shouldn't they?

Lauren - I hope you had a good 8.

I did a slow six this afternoon.  Strong wind, but only in my face for a short distance.  The rest of the run felt like I was fighting a headwind, but that was only my sluggish legs and lungs.  I seem to get about one good run a week lately, and this wasn't it.  Tomorrow should be cooler, which will help, I hope.