Beginners and Beyond

How many times did/would you run the same race ? (Read 156 times)

No more marathons

One of the first races I ran in my second running life was The Bear - (http://www.hopeformarrow.org/bearinfo.htm) a 5 mile race with a elevation gain of over 1,500.  My DS and I have run it every year since - this year will make our 6th.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

bobinpittsburgh

Lord of the Manor

I'm not crazy about traveling to race, so I tend to do repeat events.  I kind of like racing on a familiar course.

If I could make a wish I think I'd pass

Resident Historian

Boston - 5 so far, about 20 more if I can.

Gasparilla 15K - 7 in a row until this year, which I missed.  Similar to Cecil at Bloomsday - a good measure of how my running has progressed.

Neil

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I'm here to tell you that fast is better. I've always believed this, in spite of the trouble it's caused me. - Hunter S. Thompson

A quality trail course with no conflicting races - probably no limit. Usually conflicts or race not being offered any more make the decision for me.

"So many people get stuck in the routine of life that their dreams waste away. This is about living the dream." - Cave Dog
          JerryInIL

Return To Racing

So many races....so little time !!!!

aplodder

Susan

There's a somewhat local half that I run and will continue to run every year, mainly to keep up my collection of shirts from said race.  I think I'm up to 5 now.  It's hilly,  the roads aren't closed,  minimal swag, no medal, but there's beer somewhere around mile 11.  All for $20 and worth every penny.  Smile

workinprogress11

I have run my hometown half marathon for three years in a row.  I will probably continue to do so because it's a flat, fast course and SO convenient.  I just jog from home to the starting line for my warmup.  The race does have a marathon option as well but is in April so I'm not sure I can talk myself into full blown marathon training during the winter.

I am running the Chicago marathon for the second year in a row this year and would love to run it yearly but after this year's registration debacle, I'm guessing they'll go to some kind of lottery system.

Just B.S.

A zillion. Big grin

I have been racing since 2003 (hubby since 2004) and don't live in a big city or a city closer than 1.5 hours

from another city and we like to race a lot. Plus we have lots of friends who are local RD's and we didn't like

to travel too much for races when our boys were in their teens ,that time with them was too precious too miss.

All that equals doing hometown races multiple times.  I have many races that I have done 5 time or more.

In April we ran our friends charity 5 miler for the 8th consecutive year.

My first race was a a local half in August 2003. This year on the 10th anniversary of that race I will be running it

for the 9th time. And not because it's easy. It's not, it's damn hard! But it's the only half in my city so I will

be running it every year until I drop.

Mmmmm...beer

I've only been racing for a year, but there are several races that I will do again, probably every year if I can.  I just ran my very first race for the second time, a cross country 5k, love that race.  It's for a good cause and it's a good course, I'll run that every year.  The 10k I did last month was great, I'll do that one again.  I will do the Shamrock (either full or half), every year, that was a great one too.  I'm doing the RnR again this year, it was my first half last year.  I don't know if I'll do that one every year, but it was fun.

Actually, now that I think about it, there isn't a race that I've done yet that I wouldn't be happy to run again.  PRs are nice, but it's also nice to see how you improve on the same course.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

happylily

I've done one HM three times and I'll be going back next year as well. I love the course, it's a small race where I have good odds of placing well, and everyone is very friendly there. It also comes at a time when I can either fit it in perfectly for marathon training, or it comes two weeks after a certain marathon and that's ok as well.

I've also done one marathon twice for no other reason than the course is awesome for a PR.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

bobruns

There are some local races that I have run a bunch of times.  I don't mind if they are run well and the timing is right.

Ultra Cowboy

We have a trail half marathon that is a fundraiser for trail work in the State park we train in often.  Many of my friends and fellow runners are part of the organizing committee and I have run it every year since its inception 4 years ago.  That seems like a worthwhile streak to continue.

WYBMADIITY

Save