Beginners and Beyond

Back by Popular Demand: FriDAILIES! (Read 42 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

5.93. F round numbers, too hot to worry about getting the other .07.

My post run stretch was in hot yoga conditions. DH turned off the AC unit to the upstairs since it wasn't working anyway, it was 87 degrees upstairs when I got back.  We have dual zone AC/heat, so the lower level unit is working overtime now. It is now a nice comfy 86 in our bedroom. So now my big decision tonight--where is it going to be least uncomfortable to sleep? Basement, living room or bedroom? Not quite how I wanted to start my weekend.

Docket_Rocket

5 on the TM done. I like how I end up my run breathing nicely and not crying for help with my lungs on fire like outside.  This might help me through November.  Remember how bad I was breathing last year?  It has not gotten to that level, I think, because I've kept it mostly indoors.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

9 easy on the TM since it was too hot and humid outside to run this afternoon.  After four days of not running (went backpacking for two days instead) the hamstring barely hurt at all.  Much better.

Lauren - 

No matter how hot it gets outside, my house is always cool.  Yay, hilltop breezes and shade-giving pines.  5K at almost 5K pace.

5K at almost 5K pace.

Is this your race report?

Dave

LRB

That 50 mile excursion looks like a skyscraper (or a big ass wall) in his log.

I was concerned about one runner who looked fast, and sure enough he went out at a good clip, both of us totally ignoring the rabbitry of a big muscled guy out front.

Standard practice of sitting on the unknown's shoulder was employed, and I probably squandered a sub-17 by doing so.  But, better safe than sorry - what I don't want is to go out too hard and get surged on later.  Within a mile he started to slow enough to safely pull away.