Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES (Read 31 times)

onemile

Temps at the start of my HM Saturday are looking like they'll be in the upper 40s. Which is great, but means when I blow up I can't blame the weather 

That is pretty awesome.

Docket_Rocket

Wow, and in early September?  Awesome!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

I think it would be worse around mile 5

I wanted to fucking kill myself. That thing seemed like it was never going to end. Although for some reason I kept pushing hard. Then even the last mile, after it flattened out, I could only muster about 8:15. I was toast. I really regretted that race since I felt trashed for the next week. I thought I should have just walked the hills, since I ended up winning my AG by several minutes anyway. But I recovered & it was all fine.

Dave

Not sure I could even muster MP on that ridiculous thing.

MP, lol.

Dave

LRB

Wow, and in early September?  Awesome!

Yep, same here. PR conditions. And adding insult to injury, Saturday is the annual 10k I run where the air is usually so thick you can cut it with a knife.  Oh well, it's just not my year for any of that. Blah.

LRB

Docket_Rocket

Yep, same here. PR conditions. And adding insult to injury, Saturday is the annual 10k I run where the air is usually so thick you can cut it with a knife.  Oh well, it's just not my year for any of that. Blah.

Chicago better be that cold in October, damn it.  And Detroit.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

onemile

It looks like it will be mid-50's for mine.  I wish it was a fast course but, it's a tiny race in my mom's tiny town and she enjoys doing the 5k so I have done this with her every year (the first year I walked/ran the 5k with her and last year I ran the 10k while she did the 5k).

onemile

Oh no, it will be 80.

Romeo2Richmond? Gonna take on those Hansons boys? Good luck with that!

Dave

Wait, are you doing both? I thought they were usually the same day.

Dave

LRB

Romeo2Richmond? Gonna take on those Hansons boys? Good luck with that!

Nah, that's on the 22nd. This weekend is the Arts, Beats and Eats 10k. I won't be doing either one of them.

LRB

Chicago is two weeks before detroit. It used to be one week until they changed it...or vice versa.

Chicago is two weeks before detroit. It used to be one week until they changed it...or vice versa.

I think someone must have used a neuralizer on me to completely block all memories of Midwest race schedules.

Dave

delicate flower

The power just went out on our city block...

<3