Beginners and Beyond

Here's a Riddle For Ya'll........:) (Read 371 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

It's a Saturday night, and for whatever reason you aren't able to get out and run until 11:00 - 11:30 p.m. Your run is over 45 minutes, and you finish after midnight..... do you consider your mileage or run as a Saturday run or a Sunday run?

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

tinman11

Saturday. 

Dad on the run.

Saturday. That's the day you started running. 

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Yep, it's normally registered as the day you started. The only exception if if you planned ahead to consider it an early Sunday run and started before Sunday began.

As a rotating shift worker, I tend to think in terms of sleep patterns - if I do something before I go to bed, it's the previous day. If I do it after I get up, it's the present day. Even if I don't go to bed until 5 AM.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

If I'm running at midnight on Saturday night / Sunday morning the only thing that matters is that they didn't catch me, and I woke up in bed instead of in a cell.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Lol, thanks guys. I figured as much but I just wanted to make sure or hear from other's opinions.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

Adam_McAllen

Beer-and-waffle Powered

As a rotating shift worker, I tend to think in terms of sleep patterns - if I do something before I go to bed, it's the previous day. If I do it after I get up, it's the present day. Even if I don't go to bed until 5 AM.

+1

I'd rather say "I went out to party Saturday night" than "I started drinking first thing on Sunday morning"Big grin.

In the words of my late-coach : Just hang in there, relax... and at the end of a race anyone you see.....just pass them

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I'm surprised no nitpickers note the distance at midnight and split the miles between the two days. Streakers could knock off two days in one run.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                        05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

I'm surprised no nitpickers note the distance at midnight and split the miles between the two days. Streakers could knock off two days in one run.

As long as you had a mile on either side of midnight...yep...that could work. I wish I had thought of that when I went out at 11:15 last night to get my mile in for my streak. Then again, I probably wouldn't have wanted to stay up until 11:45 or so just for that purpose. Smile

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Saturday.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

wcrunner2 I actually considered that as an option.

PRs

This riddle is a FAIL.  With a window from 11:00 to 11:30, if I start anywhere between 11:00 and 11:14, and run for 45 minutes, there is no way I'd finish after midnight, therefore the default answer would be Saturday.  Again FAIL.

Please adjust the 'window', shake the magic 8-ball and resubmit the question.

Meat Wagon

Puker

I'd count all of the miles on both days, just to be safe.

Feel sick and dirty, more dead than alive.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

This riddle is a FAIL.  With a window from 11:00 to 11:30, if I start anywhere between 11:00 and 11:14, and run for 45 minutes, there is no way I'd finish after midnight, therefore the default answer would be Saturday.  Again FAIL.

Please adjust the 'window', shake the magic 8-ball and resubmit the question.

Fail for you actually, as I said OVER 45 MINUTES, which could be anywhere from 45 minutes to 2 hours for some people, heck more than 2 hours maybe. Read my post again.

PRs

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Why are you out running at 11PM on a Saturday night.  You should be home drinking alcohol and knocking boots with your SO.