Beginners and Beyond

Wednesday Penguins (Read 16 times)

Jill.

Penguin Power!

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Good morning pens!

Today should be 7+ miles in the beautiful outdoors :-)  Realistically just 7, but it is supposed to be super nice out, so maybe I'll be motivated to go the extra mile (or two).

What does everyone have planned for hump day?

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

PADRunner

3 done on the tm listening to the thunder outside.

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  I'm supposed to get my HVAC repaired today, so that'll be a relief.  Even with all the doors open and a big fan blowing (a nightmare for my instruments) it's quite warm in the lab and office.  So I'll probably give everything the night to cool down and then fire the instruments back up tomorrow.  Hoping they come back up ok!  I have quartet practice tonight, and it'll be a relief to not be quite so warm.

Jill -- I am loving the spring weather!!  Of course we went from the 40's and snow last week to 80 today, but it's still awesome!!

PAD -- Woo-hoo for your 3 done, sorry about the weather!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Philliefan33

Went to the park this morning for 5 miles at easy pace. It was a bit of a struggle today, but just being out in the gorgeous weather was nice.

Zelanie

I am at a job fair in Fresno trying to find bilingual teachers who want to move to Oregon. Not so many takers so far.

I will run 1 mile later. I did get my interval workout done on the hotel TM last night.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

I did 0.9 bonus miles.  The first 3 miles of my run were pain free, but then I went up a steep hill and my left hammy said "hell no".  I took a bunch of walking/stretching breaks to finish.  Maybe I'll do yoga after work to try to stretch it out some more, but for now I just want to rest it.