Beginners and Beyond

Taking "Prude" to a New Level (Read 236 times)

Docket_Rocket

If you do know, then I'm fucked. Wink

OTOH, This is the internet.  Maybe we do know. Wink

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

If you do know, then I'm fucked. Wink

Maybe someone saw that too :O

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Love the Half

Yes.  Context is important.

I've found myself checking out certain girls at races *without* thinking sexual things, but just because they're so athletic.  It's kind of weird to catch yourself admiring someone's body without ulterior motives.

To some extent, that's the whole point of the body issue.  I find it fascinating to see the bodies of both male and female athletes from various sports just to see how they have conditioned themselves for their particular sport.  A runner's body looks very different from a football player's body yet both bodies are supremely well conditioned.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

happylily

To some extent, that's the whole point of the body issue.  I find it fascinating to see the bodies of both male and female athletes from various sports just to see how they have conditioned themselves for their particular sport.  A runner's body looks very different from a football player's body yet both bodies are supremely well conditioned.

That's exactly how I look at it myself. And I don't see a naked man or a naked woman, I see naked athletes.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

It is amazing how each athlete's body has adapted to it's "profession", showing the variety of builds and styles the human body can obtain with training and determination.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

It is amazing how each athlete's body has adapted to it's "profession", showing the variety of builds and styles the human body can obtain with training and determination.

and good genes help too.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

On a semi-related note, when I was teaching, the 4th grade teacher did this project where the kids made a collage of the things that made them happy or something like that.  The teacher was a runner and so a lot of the kids were inspired by her and put athletic pictures on their collages.  One girl put a picture of a girl working out in shorts and a sports bra and one of the parents complained because it was too provocative.  It was like one of the pictures you'd see in Runner's World or Fitness Magazine.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

That was taking prude to a whole new level, wow.

On a semi-related note, when I was teaching, the 4th grade teacher did this project where the kids made a collage of the things that made them happy or something like that.  The teacher was a runner and so a lot of the kids were inspired by her and put athletic pictures on their collages.  One girl put a picture of a girl working out in shorts and a sports bra and one of the parents complained because it was too provocative.  It was like one of the pictures you'd see in Runner's World or Fitness Magazine.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)