Beginners and Beyond

Wednesday Penguins (Read 12 times)

PADRunner

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

PADRunner

3 miles in a humid drizzle this morning.

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  Well, after the crazy that was yesterday, today promises to be a little calmer.  My grant proposals are done, I just have to send them off.  My samples are finished, they just have to be analyzed.  So today will be chill, mostly planning for this weekend.  We leave tomorrow for competition, woo-hoo!!  Quartet competition is on Friday, chorus competition is on Saturday.  Hopefully my voice makes a comeback between now and Friday!

PAD -- humid drizzle, ugh!!  But woo-hoo for getting it done!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Sounds familiar...

3 miles in a humid drizzle this morning.

From the Internet.

Hi pens!

Met with coach to discuss race plans for the fall and he thinks shooting for a reach goal of BQ with a fallback goal of 3:40-3:45 doesn't sound insane Big grin Marathon isn't until October so just continuing to base build for now, with some workouts and a shorter race or two sprinkled in there.

Today was 5 miles easy, yesterday was medium-long with a few miles at HMP. Faster than I expected, probably faster than my GHMP should be, but it felt great even at the end of the run, so I'll take it. 5 miles easy, HMP-ish miles were 7:44, 7:25, 7:25, jog back to work from there.

Docket_Rocket

Afternoon.  I have an RD, yay!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

6.0 run/walk and icing the achy knees.  Debating whether to register early for RnR NOLA in February.  Great news, DW got the okay to run a minute.

GinnyinPA

PAD - good job running in the drizzle.  Not a lot of fun, unless it's warm.

HopesMom - have fun at your competition.

Lauren - Nice runs.

D - I hope you enjoyed your rest day.

Jerry - I'm glad your wife is okay to run again but sorry your knee is acting up now.  How long has she been sidelined?

AFM:  I ran my hilly neighborhood today - 7 miles. I'm slower than I was before my race but back to where I was last summer, so my fitness is coming back.

Zelanie

Got my aquajog in. 2 hours and 20 minutes. RD tomorrow so I can get my MRI

GinnyinPA

Melanie - good luck tomorrow with the MRI.

Zelanie

Melanie - good luck tomorrow with the MRI.

Ginny,  thanks! I'm not even sure what good luck would be. I want them to know what it is so we know how to fix it, that way I still feel like there's forward progress.

Docket_Rocket

Good luck, Z.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page