Beginners and Beyond

Saturdailies wake up call! (Read 33 times)

Hip Redux

6 mile run with the local running crew.  Hung back like I sometimes do to make sure the newbies were all set.

16 miles on the bike, on the duathlon course that I have coming up in May.  Waited for freaking ever for someone who was behind us, only to find out that she had turned around and went home. :/

Went to mow the lawn, riding mower busted, so did it with the push mower (not autopropelled).  0.75 miles

Washed the car, inside and out (Element, so can wash down the interior easily).  I don't know how many miles that was, but let's just say the car was really dirty so like the equivalent of a half marathon effort.    Dog hair gets in the damnedest places.

Now I am too tired to fix myself some dinner.   :sad song:

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Got my massage, she spent nearly 2 hours on my left leg alone (but only charged for one hour) and boy was it a mess  hell my left foot was the worse but she found quite a few tight spots above, below and under my knee.

We'll see how I feel tomorrow evening, I might just take tomorrow and Monday off  and let things recover.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Half Crazy K 2.0

DaveP, congrats on the AG win & nice OA placing.

Oski, our riding mower always dies at the bottom of the hill. +1 to dog hair, it may be more my housekeeping, but I am still finding dog hair in rooms we don't use much. Our dog has been gone for a year and half.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hi, Matt!

Congrats, Dave!

tried to get rid of the dust and cement in my house and now my lungs are bad. Hopping on the TM.

Damaris

onemile

6 w/8x100m strides.

one week to go, huh?

Hip Redux

DaveP, congrats on the AG win & nice OA placing.

Oski, our riding mower always dies at the bottom of the hill. +1 to dog hair, it may be more my housekeeping, but I am still finding dog hair in rooms we don't use much. Our dog has been gone for a year and half.

I can believe it.  I found dog hair in the fridge once.  And I pay someone to clean my house so it's not like I live in a pit of dog hair or anything.  Oy.

Cyberic

6 w/8x100m strides.

Oh BTW - I finally got around to checking the online results from my 5k last weekend. I talked to a 55yo guy after the race who beat me; I thought they did 10-yr age groups so I could've been no better than 2nd. Turns out they did 5-yr groups, so I won. Only 8 in the AG, but still. OA 9/193.

Nice AG win, Dave.

You feeling ready?

Cyberic

There are a few RRs missing from Monday. They better be good!

one week to go, huh?

Yeppers. Well, one week and one day.

Dave

Nice AG win, Dave.

You feeling ready?

Nope. Well I'm ready as I'm gonna be to run 26.2 miles. But I just cannot see maintaining goal pace over that distance. Which of course I never think I can. And so far I've been right every time. But I'm gonna go for it anyway.

Weather forecast is partly cloudy, low 51 high 71. Chance of rain that night, hopefully it doesn't move in to the morning, but even if it does, maybe just a Seattle drizzle. And the high temp will be an incentive to finish fast I guess. It's a 7:00 start, so that oughta help.

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

There are a few RRs missing from Monday. They better be good!

I agree

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Cyberic

Nope. Well I'm ready as I'm gonna be to run 26.2 miles. But I just cannot see maintaining goal pace over that distance. Which of course I never think I can. And so far I've been right every time. But I'm gonna go for it anyway.

Weather forecast is partly cloudy, low 51 high 71. Chance of rain that night, hopefully it doesn't move in to the morning, but even if it does, maybe just a Seattle drizzle. And the high temp will be an incentive to finish fast I guess. It's a 7:00 start, so that oughta help.

26.2 miles is a looong way to run, I agree.  At least you should toe the starting line healthy this time. Forecast isn't tops, but I've seen worse.

You've put lots of miles in those legs recently. You're gonna own that race.

26.2 miles is a looong way to run, I agree.  At least you should toe the starting line healthy this time. Forecast isn't tops, but I've seen worse.

You've put lots of miles in those legs recently. You're gonna own that race.

Thanks but I'M NOT AT THE STARTING LINE YET! 

Dave

Cyberic

Thanks but I'M NOT AT THE STARTING LINE YET! 

I believe in you Dave, you can do this! Just. stay. put.