Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES Can only mean one thing... (Read 44 times)

LRB

15 miles done, 7:44 pace.

That is pretty impressive!

happylily

That is pretty impressive!

It's called "over-training". Also defined as: "how to end up crashing in your quest for better training". I'm an expert at that. 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

It's called "over-training". Also defined as: "how to end up crashing in your quest for better training". I'm an expert at that. 

It's called kicking ass and taking names in my book.  Now go eat!

happylily

It's called kicking ass and taking names in my book.  Now go eat!

Yes, Sir! :-)

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Dear Canada: Congrats on your curling gold, great job!

VO2 Max workout @ "I" Pace: 2 minutes hard, 1 min recovery, 1 min hard, 30 sec recovery, 30 secs hard, 1:15 recovery.  Repeat 5 times.

*Way* tougher than my usual "2:00 at 5K pace, 1:00 recovery, repeat 5x and then do another 5 later in the workout."  8.5 miles total.

Just B.S.

On behalf of all Canadians Lily and I say thanks Jay Smile

Double gold! Woot!

VO2 Max workout @ "I" Pace: 2 minutes hard, 1 min recovery, 1 min hard, 30 sec recovery, 30 secs hard, 1:15 recovery.  Repeat 5 times.

*Way* tougher than my usual "2:00 at 5K pace, 1:00 recovery, repeat 5x and then do another 5 later in the workout."  8.5 miles total.

Great job on the workout too!

Docket_Rocket

Nice workout.

Isn't Canada about to double gold in hockey too???

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hip Redux

Nice workout.

Pretty sure that's what they're referring to.    Nevermind, I missed the curling reference above.

Pic still stands. 

Just B.S.

Remains to be seen. Sweden has a very strong team.

Nice workout.

outoftheblue

Good evening Dailies. I've been on a bit of a self-imposed exile from the forum for fear of picking up Olympic spoilers (I tape the day coverage and watch it at night).  All the events I care about are over now, so I feel it's safe to come back (congrats to Canadian hockey fans!).  Of course by  now, everyone on the East Coast is probably asleep or drunk (or both).

Finished up a nice 11 mile run late this afternoon, although my legs still feel pretty dead.  I know I've pushed myself to the limit with this Pfitz program.  I have a tune-up 10K on Sunday, so I'm taking tomorrow as a SRD.  I'm curious to see if I've over-done it and unable to put in a race effort, or if it goes well.  I really have no idea, except that for the last 3 weeks, most of my workouts have been something of a struggle to complete.

Good luck Phil on your HM.  This winter I've done  50 to 60 percent of my running on a TM, so I'm very interested in your experience.

Lily -- sounds like an absolutely gorgeous baby!

Life is good.

Docket_Rocket

I am still not happy at the lack of sportsmanship of the US Women's hockey team after losing.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

They have 6 players from the Red Wings.

Dave

Zelanie

OOTB- Good luck on Saturday!  I think some of the mental aspects of completing the training can come in handy on race day, even if physically you're fatigued.  I know my absolute best race last year was the week after I hit peak mileage on the Pfitz plan, no taper since it wasn't my goal race.  Hopefully your race will go well too.

I know the fatigue, though.  I got all dressed to run, and thought about it, and realized that I think I need a bit of a cutback actually, so I'm taking a URD instead.  I don't think it's the blerch talking, at least I hope that's not the case.

outoftheblue

Thanks Zelanie for your perspective.   You did awesome on your debut half marathon following this plan -- it's part of why I decided to try it.   I'm hoping for a confidence boost this weekend.  If not, I will have to re-assess.

I'm still eager to hear how your goal half goes in a few weeks.

Life is good.