Beginners and Beyond

The Perfect ThursDAILIES (Read 39 times)

Ric-G

Congrats no matter what  onem ...even with the course issue.

5 miles this evening.

marathon pr - 3:16

Ric-G

There's a story going around that Gilbert Arenas bet 500k on Cleveland to win it all. Just wait till Steph and the boys hear about that!

The way Toronto is playing, he's already one step closer.

marathon pr - 3:16

Cyberic

But FFS. I'm sure being an RD is hard job, but at a bare minimum you need to measure the course, mark it, and time it. If you can't do those three things properly, don't bother putting on a race.

If I were a RD, those are the three things I would make sure I do properly, yes.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

and this is a race put on by an organization that does a ton of races around here. It was back and forth on one road so I thought it would be accurate. They actually put on some races that do have certified courses but those are only the ones that are accompanied by a marathon.

The timing company may not be, probably isn't, the organization putting on the race. The RD is usually someone from that organization and is probably more concerned with the fund raising than the race itself. It's quite possible whoever laid out the course simply used mapmyrun or a car odometer to measure a convenient section of road approximately 3 miles in length and called it a 5K. People putting on marathons are usually more concerned with having a certified course since runners may be attempting to BQ and if you're going to have the marathon course certified, it's no big deal to certify the 5K course as well.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.