Beginners and Beyond

RR - A Run in the Park 5k - a lot of 5ks are dinks and dunks, but sometimes you smash one! (Read 61 times)

music_girl117

Thanks LRB, I will have to try that.  When I am "learning" a new pace I usually try to get comfortable with it on the treadmill first and then move outside, but it seems like it doesn't translate exactly.  My mile race is June 6, and I am going to aim for a 6:40.  Don't know if I will make it but I will try!!

Thanks Jay!  Like I said to LRB I'm going to try for 6:40 for my one mile race.  I did 6 quarter-mile repeats at that pace today with long recovery and it wasn't too bad.

PRs:

5k - 22:53  (May 2015)

10k - 50:00 (unofficial; part of 20k race, March 2015); 50:33 (official; July 2016)

HM - 1:48:40  (Apr. 2015)

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Dang, that is a big PR! Come on!! That is really sweet!  I like how happy you sounded on the way to the race. You obviously had something good going on that day. Try to run some hill workouts when you can and those hills won't seem so steep next time. I bet you are already looking forward to next year's race, but hopefully you will do some more 5ks before then. Good luck with the HM training. Smile

LRB

A 6:40 would be impressive and to sweeten the pot, if you run a 6:40 I will come to Jersey and pace you at the 5k of your choice.

music_girl117

Thanks Jack!  The HM is already done, but I think the training for that helped.  I was worried that having done nothing faster than HM goal pace for months would be bad for my 5k but apparently it wasn't.

lol LRB, I'll see what I can do!

PRs:

5k - 22:53  (May 2015)

10k - 50:00 (unofficial; part of 20k race, March 2015); 50:33 (official; July 2016)

HM - 1:48:40  (Apr. 2015)

Brilliant

A 6:40 would be impressive and to sweeten the pot, if you run a 6:40 I will come to Jersey and pace you at the 5k of your choice.

So to have an FE with LRB, you need a 6:40 mile...I'm sad that we will never cross paths. Big grin

LRB

So to have an FE with LRB, you need a 6:40 mile...I'm sad that we will never cross paths. Big grin

I could always become a traveling sideshow.  I am already a clown so I got half of it down. lol

onemile

Big PR. Congrats! I ran one once without a watch (only because I forgot it) and I think it was a small PR too.

onemile

I might require some pacing assistance at my annual 5k in August.

LRB

I might require some pacing assistance at my annual 5k in August.

I have a close friend in Greendale, I could take care of two things in one weekend. 

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Wow, I can't even imagine in my dreams doing a 7-something minute mile!   Congrats on your 5K and the AG Award.  You certainly did smash this one!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt