Beginners and Beyond

Tuesday Penguins are hopping!! (Read 20 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

AFM:  Major rain heading our way after work since Tropical Storm Bill made landfall, so I slogged my butt out of bed at 5 this morning and then went and had a really great run at Fort Sam Houston.  Ended up running a mile or so with some young Army guys and gals, that was fun.  3.5 miles done this morning.

HsM...BAD girl, skipping your PT!  Bad girl!  Sit!  Stay!  Do PT! 

Happy normal daily routine for you, Damaris.

Good luck with your training, Z.

Good luck with the aqua-jogging, Kathleen. It takes a bit of getting used to. Had my share of it while rehabbing after each of my knee surgeries.  Basically, my physical therapist told me "don't sweat the small stuff and the details.  However long it takes you to do a 5K, that's how long you aquajog for.  Keep it simple."   So in my case, about 35 - 40 minutes each time.  Works for me, simple is good.

Yeah, PAD, glad you got out this morning, cuz that light rain is going to turn heavier later today - and tomorrow -  in our state.

Umm yeah, Brilliant....Tropical Storm Bill made landfall this morning around Port LaVaca, which is up the coast, northeast of Houston a bit, and the coast is getting some rain.  The rain is supposed to become pretty heavy later on in the day today and rain tomorrow too.  Some streets in Houston and other coastal areas will probably flood....so hope she is in a safe, high-and-dry place.  Is she going to school down there for a few weeks?

So sorry about your kitty, Lauren, wishing you peace and comfort.  Our 15-year old Lulu will probably go sometime this year...I can see she is slowing down, sleeping more than usual, and so forth.  It's hard....but we also know she had a good, quality life with us, we've had her ever since she was 6 months old, and she will always be in our hearts..people without pets don't get it...our pets become family too.  The pain of loss eases with time, but never quite goes away...but you do learn to live with it and things get better.  Nice run for you this morning!  Good luck with the PR chase!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Oh yeah...today is National Fudge Day (fudge is way too sweet for me,) and Fresh Veggies Day

From the Internet.

So sorry about your kitty, Lauren, wishing you peace and comfort.  Our 15-year old Lulu will probably go sometime this year...I can see she is slowing down, sleeping more than usual, and so forth.  It's hard....but we also know she had a good, quality life with us, we've had her ever since she was 6 months old, and she will always be in our hearts..people without pets don't get it...our pets become family too.  The pain of loss eases with time, but never quite goes away...but you do learn to live with it and things get better.  Nice run for you this morning!  Good luck with the PR chase!

Sounds like she has had an excellent long life with you guys Smile Saying goodbye will still be hard but it is definitely comforting to think about - it's what I've been trying to hang onto in the last few days. My Scrambles and her sister were found on the streets as feral kittens and nearly euthanized by animal control because they weren't friendly enough to be adopted right away (they just needed time and patience). I gave my girl the best life I possibly could have after that rough start.

GinnyinPA

Kathleen - I'm glad you got a definitive diagnosis, so you can stop trying to 'test it'.  For the pool running miles, I think I'd assume that you're doing easy pace, even if you aren't.  Did you get a weight belt?  As to keeping weight off your pelvis - sit as much as you can.  Even just standing puts pressure on the bones.  Ignoring that will make the healing slower.

Scotty - I love fudge, but rarely get it.  But then, I love just about anything sweet.  I'm glad you got your run in early.  Aren't you a bit west of the storm track though?

PAD - I hope the flooding doesn't get too bad where you live.  Good luck with your group run tonight.

HopesMom - you are usually so dedicated to your PT, one day off won't hurt.  Or you can always do some later, if you can squeeze in a few minutes between all the other things you have going on today.

D - enjoy your Pilates and short run later.

Z - I hope your training was interesting.

Brilliant - between summer heat and post race let down, a bit of a funk is pretty normal, I think.  Especially after all the excitement of your move and remodeling.  Do you have any races planned for this summer or fall?

sapf - you're hoping to beer week?  Isn't every week beer week?  I'm glad you're starting to feel a bit better.

Lauren - I hope you get a chance to race this weekend.  If the race is early and Father's Day celebrations are later, you should be able to do both.

AFM:  I'll do 6 or so later.  Thunderstorms are all around so I'll try to get out while it's still cloudy but not actually pouring, if I can.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Ginny - beer week in the miles game =D  I think that means I need to run 34.7 miles this week.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

50DP, so hopefully we can do at least a long short run, or even a short long run !!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Kathleen - I'm glad you got a definitive diagnosis, so you can stop trying to 'test it'.  For the pool running miles, I think I'd assume that you're doing easy pace, even if you aren't.  Did you get a weight belt?  As to keeping weight off your pelvis - sit as much as you can.  Even just standing puts pressure on the bones.  Ignoring that will make the healing slower.

Scotty - I love fudge, but rarely get it.  But then, I love just about anything sweet.  I'm glad you got your run in early.  Aren't you a bit west of the storm track though?

PAD - I hope the flooding doesn't get too bad where you live.  Good luck with your group run tonight.

HopesMom - you are usually so dedicated to your PT, one day off won't hurt.  Or you can always do some later, if you can squeeze in a few minutes between all the other things you have going on today.

D - enjoy your Pilates and short run later.

Z - I hope your training was interesting.

Brilliant - between summer heat and post race let down, a bit of a funk is pretty normal, I think.  Especially after all the excitement of your move and remodeling.  Do you have any races planned for this summer or fall?

sapf - you're hoping to beer week?  Isn't every week beer week?  I'm glad you're starting to feel a bit better.

Lauren - I hope you get a chance to race this weekend.  If the race is early and Father's Day celebrations are later, you should be able to do both.

AFM:  I'll do 6 or so later.  Thunderstorms are all around so I'll try to get out while it's still cloudy but not actually pouring, if I can.

Apparently not far enough west....it's raining like a big dog now around here...

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Only 6.2 shortened by a flooded bike path (and we didn't even have a hurricane).

Stay dry Scotty.  ☔️☔️☔️

Brilliant

Jill, I hope you get your beer week!

Scotty, stay dry!  Hubby talked to dd this morning and she was doing fine so far.  She is with my B-I-L and S-I-L so they'll take care of her.  (She graduated last month with a theater degree, so she's doing an unpaid internship with a theater company for 4 weeks.  Then she'll come home and look for a paying job!)

Ginny, I hope you got a dry 6 in.  Yes, I've had a lot going on and lost my groove.  I hope to find it soon - marathon 17 weeks away!  Training will be a lot more fun if I can do it with some enthusiasm.

So Jerry, is 6.2 a long short run?  Or a medium medium run?  Or...? Wink

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Short medium, but my knees feel like it was a medium medium run.

GinnyinPA

The sky was black when I set out and I was hoping for some rain and wind to cool things off.  Unfortunately the clouds moved north and east so most of my six miles was in the sun.  Painful.  My body doesn't handle heat well.