Beginners and Beyond

No, They're Not Jehovah's Witnesses, They're The Saturday Penguins! (Read 35 times)

Docket_Rocket

You should've taken that week on the cruise as a rest week!

Morning everyone!  7 days of no running "liked to about kill me."  LOL  It was worth it.  I walked a mile on the dreadmill then ran 1.75 and finished up with another 1/4 mile walk.  Other than some generalized stiffness and a rather bloated feeling because I took no running to mean I could consume whatever I wanted this week... all systems are very good.  My right knee has always been my "running thermometer" and it was set to "you're doing ok."  No issues at all with my left.  So, a week of easy running then we'll see after that.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

hog4life

10.33 mile LR. Hi everyone, I'll read and catch up with everyone later.

Mmmmm...beer

Hello penguins!

15.4 miles done, my last long run before the half in two weeks.  I'm refueling with coffee and girl scout cookies!  I somehow managed to drive home from my long run with six boxes of girl scout cookies in the car, and didn't devour them.  I'm very proud of myself (I get VERY hungry after running for two hours).

Hope everyone is having a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

N-Bug - I hope that knee continues to improve.

Hi Damaris and Mitch!

Dave - I've heard those girl scout cookies were going around.  I've managed to avoid them so far.  Beer on the other hand, keeps finding me.  I'm glad your HM is the week before mine.  I don't want my RR going up next to yours.

AFM - I got in 14.31 miles.  I was supposed to throw in some marathon pace miles, but I had a 10 mile run with tempo bouts earlier this week and yesterday's run was way faster than it should have been.  It was right about HM pace.  So, I decided today's long run would be just that, a long easy run.  I managed to finish up in 2:22:33, or a 9:58 pace.  Not too shabby.  It felt phenomenal.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Mmmmm...beer

Awood, I stopped at 7eleven to return a redbox movie and they had a table setup out front, couldn't resist! lol  You're gonna rock your half!  Can't wait to read your RR. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

hog4life

Bin, don't worry bout the run, I've had plenty of those.

Dad on the run.

7 miles with dogs and stroller. 10:16m/m pace. And there was a snow falling, no accumulation though. Great run. Almost time for beer, pizza and karaoke.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

jblackjr - That sounds like an interesting run, but the important part is that it was a run.  Way to improvise, and get the family involved.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

We will save the date.

I just got round one of wedding invites out, and the temp is slowly creeping toward that 31 degree high.  Looks like I should start getting my running gear on!

hog4life

7 miles with dogs and stroller. 10:16m/m pace. And there was a snow falling, no accumulation though. Great run. Almost time for beer, pizza and karaoke.

WTG Jimmy, not sure I could push a stroller that fast. I'm registered for the Rumpshaker.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Up hill, both ways, 80 mph winds, no shoes, broken glass under my feet......AND WE LIKED IT!!!

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

Docket_Rocket

Us too.  Awood, you have my address, right? Joking

We will save the date.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

You guys do know that I'm getting married in Hell.  Right?  http://www.gotohellmi.com/

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

Zelanie

Back from my 4.6 with the dogs.  They had a good time, a little bit of light rain left them some fun puddles.  It's a good thing I checked my log before I left, since I didn't need as many miles as I thought.  Not that the extra mile would make a difference, really, but I do want fresh legs for my LR tomorrow.

Jimmy- Nice run!  My dogs, or rather one of my dogs, has a really tough time running on leash at that pace.  She'd prefer 11:00 pace, and even then half the time is trying to lie down in the grass to cool her belly.  But somehow, get her off leash and she's got energy to charge all over the field and run circles around me.  Until I speed up, then she's way behind like, "Can't you slow down?  You're going to fast for me to play here!"

Dave- Way to resist those cookies!  I bought some from a coworker's kids and did not do very well with them at all.  So I don't think I want them around this year.  Last year I could handle them, but not this year.  Then again, I hit my lowest weight ever this morning (129.2, or 107 total lost), so maybe it's just that I'm hungry!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

My 'early' this morning was taken by doing my 15th race of 2013 - the UTSA Diploma Dash 5K.  Report and photos:

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/Post/c7e91714dfcf4691ab510b0487f73157#focus

After that I came home and napped a bit, lol.  So doubt I will ever catch up today with personals.  So hope everyone is having a great day today!  If not, then hope it all gets good for you sooner than later!

Oh yeah, obligatory 'rub-it-in' San Antonio weather report Wink : Blue, sunny skies, light wind, currently 67 degrees, humidity 23 percent, dew point at 27.  Oh yeah!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt