Beginners and Beyond

Super SATURDAILIES (Read 58 times)

LRB

Meh. That was half marathon pace back in October.

I am not a groupie, but I would be remiss if I did not acknowledge this.  Propers given.

Damaris, you can whip my ass any day baby!

Dave, thank goodness you saw that stupid pipe, fawk!

Way to go Luke!  Nice runs everyone!

Me, I am finally in for the night after a long ass day!  It's still snowing so tomorrows run will be a bit of a quandary as to when where how long and that whole thing.  I am not gonna worry about it now though, I'll deal with that crap in the moanin'.

runmomto3boys

Quote from scrape. on 2/2/2013 at 3:26 PM:

Meh. That was half marathon pace back in October.

Crazy talented.

Chairman

Quote from scrape. on 2/2/2013 at 3:26 PM:

Crazy talented.

I am not quite calling it, but I won't be shocked if you're giving me a run for my money a year or two down the road.

Coalition for a Free and Independent New Jersey

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

I am not quite calling it, but I won't be shocked if you're giving me a run for my money a year or two down the road.

She's got me within the next month as it is.  I only hope I don't turn bitter Smile

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Chairman

Just adding my name to the list of people that agree.

I ran my 5k this morning, in some super snowy/icy gunk.  It was fun though.  I threw a little RR on the main forum with a couple pics.  Yes, that's my shameless ploy to make you read it lol.

D2the2nd...scary stuff!  glad you survived it.

I beat you to it. Already read. It's impossible to run your best in that weather, but it pays off come Spring.

Docket_Rocket

Back from 10 miler.  I was wheezing and could not breathe at all but I pushed on to finish.  I hope I don't get a severe asthma episode this week and hoping it passes.  If I am like this tomorrow, I am not even going to run.  It was a good run...except for that pesky not breathing at all thing, LOL.

For Heidi:

Scrape: You know what - that is such a great point, actually about the racing.  My inexperience at racing cost me some time in Des Moines, without a doubt.  I hate to train all this time / this hard only to give up some minutes in Green Bay for the same reason.  I am going to have to really think about that some.  Thanks for mentioning it!  I appreciate the kind vote of confidence re: winning races, but you are nuts!

Damaris: I am running two recovery days in a row now.  A family obligation led to me swapping my LR and recovery runs around this weekend and that ordinarily does not happen.  I am feeling fine - no issues/pain/aches at all.  I will run nice and easy the next couple of days, promise!

Phil: Awww, thank you!  I am just waiting anxiously for you to get back on your feet so you can start kicking some tail again!!

LRB: Very funny indeed!  I am glad you understand/feel the same way!

D2: Oh my freaking GOSH!  I'm so happy you aren't in worse shape right now.  Holy hell.  You could've really broken something, especially considering the speed you were running at.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Friendly competition????  I could be judge.  Cookies or other goodies for the judges might be required though.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

We have some FAST people on here!!!

Dave that sounds scary glad you're ok!

My 90 minute massage was magical. My body feels awesome!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

LRB

My 90 minute massage was magical. My body feels awesome!

I have been seriously considering this.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Do it!

I have been seriously considering this.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Chairman

Friendly competition????  I could be judge.  Cookies or other goodies for the judges might be required though.

Maybe I do need a rival. It used to be Lance Armstrong (though he didn't know it), but now that he's banned, I am left without a nemesis.

Docket_Rocket

SIAR might be up the challenge and RMTB.  I think you have time to prepare for that, now go!

Maybe I do need a rival. It used to be Lance Armstrong (though he didn't know it), but now that he's banned, I am left without a nemesis.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

SIAR might be up the challenge and RMTB.  I think you have time to prepare for that, now go!

I'm just a pretender compared to those guys. If I can get a healthy training cycle I'll be thrilled with that victory. I'm guessing Scrape. feels the same way about being healthy.

Docket_Rocket

If you're a pretender, what am I?  I had 55% of my breathing today.  I will never be winning anything.  You can, now GO!

I'm just a pretender compared to those guys. If I can get a healthy training cycle I'll be thrilled with that victory. I'm guessing Scrape. feels the same way about being healthy.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

D...at least all days aren't that bad for you. Maybe one day Miami will fix its air!