Beginners and Beyond

Fridailies (Read 22 times)

KCRuns

Today was early out for work, so I did go to the gym and swam laps. I swam a mile!! That feels like a nice milestone 

Docket_Rocket

I ended up running 5.25 in cold rain (40s) and 25mph gusts. The rain was relentless, my gloves were useless so I had to go back and change gloves to my Winter ones. In LATE MAY. I loved every minute of it.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

I do not own a pair of the real super shoes, but have a pair of Saucony's attempt at super shoes. They do not have the same beneficial effect on the legs as the Nikes so I don't have a personal opinion.

I was looking at the Saucony Endorphin since I've been rotating a couple pair of Kinvara's over the last year. What do you think is the difference between them and the Nike shoes? I've never been able to wear Nike's so I'm guessing their super shoes won't work fo me.

Cyberic

I was looking at the Saucony Endorphin since I've been rotating a couple pair of Kinvara's over the last year. What do you think is the difference between them and the Nike shoes? I've never been able to wear Nike's so I'm guessing their super shoes won't work fo me.

I have never tried the Nike super shoes so I can't speak from experience on comparing the two. Simply too expensive for me.

From reviewers, the Nikes are simply the best for marathoning. Their foam is the most forgiving on the legs. Some of the advantages the Saucony have are the price tag, and the stability. I hear the Nike are a bit ackward in their side to side stability whereas the Saucony are like normal shoes.

I have the whole Endorphin lineup: the Shift, the Speed an the Pro. The pros are the one with the carbon plate, the speed are almost identical to the pro but with no plate (they say they have a teflon plate IIRC) and the Shift only share the name, as they are totally different. Just trainers that I happen to like.

The Speed and Pro have a super foam that I really like, are very light and have a weird rocker sole. It's like just in front of the ball of the feet the sole goes at an angle, but just there. The back is flat, and there's that angle there. It's weird at first, but I like it.

I also like Kinvaras, and have had a pair in my rotation for the past two years or so, but the Endorphin Speed and Pro feel very different from the Kinvara. I love the wide toe box of the Kinvara, but the Endorphin Pro and Speed di not share that characteristic.

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

I have never tried the Nike super shoes so I can't speak from experience on comparing the two. Simply too expensive for me.

From reviewers, the Nikes are simply the best for marathoning. Their foam is the most forgiving on the legs. Some of the advantages the Saucony have are the price tag, and the stability. I hear the Nike are a bit ackward in their side to side stability whereas the Saucony are like normal shoes.

I have the whole Endorphin lineup: the Shift, the Speed an the Pro. The pros are the one with the carbon plate, the speed are almost identical to the pro but with no plate (they say they have a teflon plate IIRC) and the Shift only share the name, as they are totally different. Just trainers that I happen to like.

The Speed and Pro have a super foam that I really like, are very light and have a weird rocker sole. It's like just in front of the ball of the feet the sole goes at an angle, but just there. The back is flat, and there's that angle there. It's weird at first, but I like it.

I also like Kinvaras, and have had a pair in my rotation for the past two years or so, but the Endorphin Speed and Pro feel very different from the Kinvara. I love the wide toe box of the Kinvara, but the Endorphin Pro and Speed di not share that characteristic.

thanks for the feedback. I'll probably order the Pros and maybe the Speed shoes to try out.

Half Crazy K 2.0

They are nowhere close to cheater shoes, though.

I know. My unstanding is they have a similar plate, but different foam.

Docket_Rocket

I know. My unstanding is they have a similar plate, but different foam.

Than the original, but not similar at all from the Next% or the Alphafly. I have a pair of those and they actually feel too different than the original 4% to actually make me think to train in them.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page