Beginners and Beyond

Tuesday Penguins (Read 13 times)

hog4life

She has Posterior Tibial Tendonitis and hasn't been able to run for like the past two weeks.  I think she still can't walk without pain.  She didn't post it here, but she posted it to Facebook.  It's really sad because I saw her right after she'd finished her 20 mile run and she looked so happy and accomplished.

I got her on FB but must have missed it. The just sucks cause she was doing good.

GinnyinPA

I'm really sorry to hear about Kristin.  I hope she heals before the race.

Mitch - I'm so glad to hear that your ankle is healing so well.

I ran 4 with the group then enjoyed a Bells at the beer place. (It's a beer store that has tables and about 40 taps with beer from all over the world.  You can buy mixed six packs or beer by the glass.) It was only the second week the group has run, and word got out on facebook and elsewhere.  Last week 5 people, today at least 30.

Zelanie

Kristin is injured right now and she and I are very similar runners so I'm especially fearful.

You had a better base going into training than Kristin did.  It's not just MPW heading into training plan, but what you've been able to sustain over the several months prior to that.

I hope she heals up too, and sometimes we just get unlucky, but I wouldn't worry too much!