Beginners and Beyond

Pre-Storm ThursDailies (Read 19 times)

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Looks like the cold is going to start a few hours earlier than forecast yesterday.  I'll have to run first thing in the morning if I want to beat it.  Today was 6 miles with 3 at HM pace.  It went pretty well, but I'm more tired than I'd like to be after a workout this early in the training cycle.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
    10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: RunAPalooza (Asbury Park) HM, 4/6; Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27

delicate flower

What up, skippy!!  I shuffled through 5 slow and tired miles before sunrise.  I was feeling last night's tempo run.  I've got a "tempo" bike workout later.  It's weird because tempo runs tend to be pretty hard, but tempo bike workouts are pretty easy.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Morning! Just went to Kroger to get some more milk for Mr. Rocket and had to stand in line for 15 minutes, the nerve. Storm starts soon (I think 3pm is when the rain changes to snow). 5 later.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

It was 14/6 this morning, pretty sure the coldest since I've lived here. Fortunately I was saved by a 7 AM meeting. So I'll try to run at lunchtime when it should be pushing 20.

Dave

sdWhiskers

10 miles around the lake. I don't think I've ever run there on a weekday before, there were hardly any other folks there. And warmer than I expected, didn't need my long sleeve after the first miles. High 70F today.

DH is off work now too so we're heading out to lunch. To celebrate our anniversary which was 2 months ago 

sdWhiskers

It's weird because tempo runs tend to be pretty hard, but tempo bike workouts are pretty easy.

Why is that?

delicate flower

Why is that?

Well my training program has six levels workout difficult:

-Recovery - very low tension, low effort, just to move the legs

-Endurance - nice and easy but a little bit of work

-Tempo - slightly harder...probably like marathon pace running miles

-Sweet spot - these feel like tempo runs

-Threshold - these are hard, where the aim of the workout is pain tolerance

-VO2 max - very hard but short intervals, like doing 200's and 400's on the track

<3

GinnyinPA

I know when I am working fairly hard on my stationary bike, pedaling at 25 mph supposedly, my HR is only about 110-115. A similar run would have my HR at 160+.

7 miles. Waited till around 11:00 and the temp was all the way up to 20/12. Although still the lowest I’ve recorded for a run since living here, by 1 degree.

Dave

aplodder

Susan

6.5 super slow miles this morning on semi-plowed snowy roads.  I only left one butt print on a road that was slipperier (I looked it up.  It's a word.) than expected under the snow.  There was some hiking involved for safety reasons.