Beginners and Beyond

Pluck is out, Hoop.la is in (Read 245 times)

As stated before, I am with RA, and not going anywhere, period.

I also like SRL's comments.  Very well put and I agree.

And where are the superb graphs and running history stats on that other site?  I don't see any over there!

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

MJ5

Chief Unicorn Officer

I never left RWOL, so I suppose it wouldn't be "bailing back." I don't know, I guess I just don't hold massive grudges against an Internet entity for not hosting a free forum to my exact specifications. Whatever.

Mile 5:49 - 5K 19:58 - 10K 43:06 - HM 1:36:54

happylily

I never left RWOL, so I suppose it wouldn't be "bailing back." I don't know, I guess I just don't hold massive grudges against an Internet entity for not hosting a free forum to my exact specifications. Whatever.

Don't worry. You're okay. You won't be quoted, because HE likes you. Big grin

And +1 to what you said about weird massive grudges against an internet entity.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

MrNamtor

For those of you about to up and bail back to the site that fucked you over for years and taunted all of you when you left ("look, the cool kids are still here because I am totally misreading and lying about these numbers I am reporting"), thanks for spending some time here and consider that Eric bent over backward to be nice to you.  Adding features on the fly for you and whatnot.

At least have the courtesy to say thank you on your way out to eric and the mods (MilkTruck, trent, etc etc).  You all have been treated mighty god damn well.

Enjoy it over there.

As for the lack of new stuff here, if yall had bothered to actually utilize the running side of the house to ask/answer more running questions, perhaps stuff would grow (and still could).

See ya

Is it really necessary for you to swoop down here and give your judgmental opinions on everything and then say "see ya?" I mean how much more of an ass can you become?

i have no complaints about how we were treated here, and Eric is a great  webmaster and this place is appreciated. But people can post on both sites, or as many sites as they want. Your bitterness towards RW has nothing to do with anyone else.

If someone here has friends who are still on RW, or likes the RW forum for any reason, they should feel free to post there.  Who the fuck are you to tell someone else where to post or make them feel like bad people because of their decision?

I wish you the best and I sincerely hope for your full recovery. But really, why don't you just not come on here if you have nothing positive to say?

No more marathons

Sorry, I don't get it.

A forum topic is a forum topic.  Whether it is on RWOL or RA.  To say one is more correct than another is like saying if I post in B&B I can't post in L&O.  It's the content and the contributors that matter.

I'll grant you, RWOL simply wasn't conducive to an effective exchange of ideas for quite a while, but if it has a topic that interests me then I'll be there.  The log here is super and I will continue to use it (and the $10 to Eric was well worth the price.)

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

SRL has a point.   RW broke the forum for a week (or more?) and didn't seem to care much, and that was only a half-assed attempt to fix things after endless floods of spam that had ebbed and flowed for months.

If everyone ends up going back, I'll have to go back... but I prefer staying here.

LRB

I get it, but making declarations about where you are posting is totally unnecessary.  No one owes anybody, any explanations for where they choose to post.  Nor should one be made to feel less than because of that choice.

I am not going to stop speaking to people because of where they post, or wish them ill.  Doing either is just silly.

What makes these forums go are the people, not the websites.  We proved that last November when we took a stand against an industry giant, and made a difference.

At least for my part, feel free to come and go (here or there) as much as you like, without ridicule or scorn.

I would only ask that you never lose sight of the one true lesson learned from this whole ordeal; and that is, even on the internet, people matter.

Word.

Docket_Rocket

This would be true IF we didn't have an increase  in members in this group every week.  We do have new members here and some of us do venture out of this group.  Whether we will die or not, I'm not sure.  However, the evidence so far (the highest number of members) says otherwise.

I am part of the "some of us" that ventures out.  That doesn't change the fact that the B&B, which has the feel similar to the beginner's forum on RWOL used to IMO, will eventually decay due to the fact that it's essentially an isolated system with a limited ability to grow (not theoretically, I know, but realistically yes).

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Well said.

I get it, but making declarations about where you are posting is totally unnecessary.  No one owes anybody, any explanations for where they choose to post.  Nor should one be made to feel less than because of that choice.

I am not going to stop speaking to people because of where they post, or wish them ill.  Doing either is just silly.

What makes these forums go are the people, not the websites.  We proved that last November when we took a stand against an industry giant, and made a difference.

At least for my part, feel free to come and go (here or there) as much as you like, without ridicule or scorn.

I would only ask that you never lose sight of the one true lesson learned from this whole ordeal; and that is, even on the internet, people matter.

Word.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Better I Leave

At least have the courtesy to say thank you on your way out to eric and the mods (MilkTruck, trent, etc etc).  You all have been treated mighty god damn well.

See ya

If you call being called a "douchebag extraordinaire" for simply offering up my opinion being treated pretty damn well...I suppose.

I know my place...here. As long as I don't offer up opposing points of view of the mods here I'm safe. Oh and for the record...

Hey Trent...I still drink protein shakes and I look better than you ever will. Wink

RSX

I have been posting on both, maybe 80% here. It isn't cheating and I won't be going to Confession for that anyway, just everything else I do.

Luke79

This would be true IF we didn't have an increase  in members in this group every week.  We do have new members here and some of us do venture out of this group.  Whether we will die or not, I'm not sure.  However, the evidence so far (the highest number of members) says otherwise.

Well, that's certainly encouraging.  I like this forum, and don't plan to just up and leave because RWOL has a new format that seems cool.  I would just say I'm open to change and I would probably go wherever the majority went because I like you guys.  I don't like that we lost quite a few people in the swap, but the majority are still here so I am as well.

I think some people should remember not to take the internet too seriously (cough...SRL).  I don't owe Mark Zuckerberg a thank you for the fact that I have connected with people via facebook, however I do appreciate the site for letting me do that.  Same goes here.

Word.

Nicely said, I may not post or reply a lot in this forum but I do really appreciate everyone here and the encouragement I get in reading the dailies etc.............I may check in RWOL from time to time but this seems to be home.

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

happylily

I really like all the people here. Thanks, LRB. Wise words.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Mostly harmless

For those of you about to up and bail back to the site that fucked you over for years and taunted all of you when you left ("look, the cool kids are still here because I am totally misreading and lying about these numbers I am reporting"), thanks for spending some time here and consider that Eric bent over backward to be nice to you.  Adding features on the fly for you and whatnot.

Enjoy it over there.

As for the lack of new stuff here, if yall had bothered to actually utilize the running side of the house to ask/answer more running questions, perhaps stuff would grow (and still could).

See ya

I read this last night and my initial reaction was "wow, that's pretty harsh".  I try not to be a reactionary kind of guy when it comes to the interwebs so I just let it go without comment but it kept coming back to me so I guess I'll pipe in.  SRL, I like you and I have a lot of respect for your opinion on things but you overreacted to this thread and your response was inappropriate. No one deserves to be attacked for expressing their opinion.

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi