Beginners and Beyond

Onemile's Houston Marathon RR (Read 42 times)

Dudddddeeee!  This is awesome!  You are so freaking fast.  I'm excited to read about your sub 3:05 PR next time.    Then we all know what's next after that!

Sub-4:00 mile?

Dave

onemile

Sub-4:00 mile?

or maybe a 100 miler 

KCRuns

Congratulations, Onemile! Your training is fun to watch and it’s exciting to see all that hard work pay off with such a huge PR!

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

or maybe a 100 miler 

I'll crew you.  (And I won't do that for just anyone these days!)

Running is dumb.

I'll crew you.  (And I won't do that for just anyone these days!)

Based on the chances of her actually doing this, you can probably offer to run it with her.

Dave

sdWhiskers

Congratulations, Onemile! Your training is fun to watch and it’s exciting to see all that hard work pay off with such a huge PR!

+1

Enjoy this PR! We always have more in us  and I'm excited to watch you tap into it with Coach Awesome

Cyberic

Has your race impacted your Stryd Critical Power?

onemile

Has your race impacted your Stryd Critical Power?

No. My CP is 257W and I ran the marathon at 224 avg.

LRB

What are your overall thoughts on Houston? Did you get to high five Jared Ward again?

onemile

What are your overall thoughts on Houston? Did you get to high five Jared Ward again?

I thought it was a good race and I'd do it again.

The course is pretty flat and fast. Lots of company throughout - at no point was I ever not with other runners but it also wasn't crowded after the first mile.  The course was also prettier than I expected.  You run through neighborhoods with tree lined streets, like a tunnel of trees arching over the road.

Like I said in my RR, it had the best spectators of any marathon I have ever run - cheering my name over and over.  It felt personal and not generic like big city spectator support.

The start line / corral setup was a little confusing (and I was not the only one who was confused).

The finish line/organization was great.  As was expo / packet pickup. Hotels close to the start are very affordable.

Jared did not stick around this time. I thought he might wait for me but no 

Cyberic

No. My CP is 257W and I ran the marathon at 224 avg.

87% of CP. I'm trying to figure out what makes sense, that's why I'm asking.

87% of mine would mean 300 watts, and from my tests I need about 315 watts for a 3:00 marathon, so more like 91%. Yikes.

MTA: My CP might be soft compared to yours, what with all the hard training sessions you did.

onemile

87% of CP. I'm trying to figure out what makes sense, that's why I'm asking.

87% of mine would mean 300 watts, and from my tests I need about 315 watts for a 3:00 marathon, so more like 91%. Yikes.

MTA: My CP might be soft compared to yours, what with all the hard training sessions you did.

Well also I think I should have been able to run a faster marathon so don't base it on this

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Wow, 7-minute PR, congrats!

My friend, Mark Purnell, was the MC/Announcer for that event.

I can't run distance anymore, so when I and friends went down for that event, I did the 5K.  That was long ago and my first race in Houston.  I always thought Houston was flat, but somehow the organizers found one of the only hills around to put onto the 5K course, lol.

Congrats on your race!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt