Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES (Read 31 times)

Docket_Rocket

Are there pics of this somewhere I'm guessing?

Yes, there is a pic of the cupped hamstring (you asked for it!).  The ITB did not bruise.  Apparently, my bruising was not impressive, according to the three PTs there:

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

FYI, I might need to shave.  The end. 

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

No more marathons

You sound like you're going bear hunting with a stick. Come on man, slay that beast!

I've only run over 12 miles twice in the last 34 months.  Once at at HM last year in April (I'm planning on racing that again this year) and the other at a little local event in New England on patriots day 2014.

So 12 miles is a big deal and a bit of an unknown.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

LRB

Yes, there is a pic of the cupped hamstring (you asked for it!).  The ITB did not bruise.  Apparently, my bruising was not impressive, according to the three PTs there:

Well, well, well; the shit really did happen. I'm impressed!

Docket_Rocket

I didn't even feel anything! They did 4 turns of the thing and I was like what is this?  This is nothing.  LOL.  I think my hamstring is very tight.

But then, she did the ITB, which is just like rolling it.  I almost cried.  Serves me right.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

Docket, I always think the cupping looks like a tattoo cover up. That's what I thought when I was watching the Olympics. Do your bruises tend to get more colorful over time?

onemile

It's now 10 weeks till my originally scheduled marathon (not officially registered), and I'm kind of nowhere. Thinking I may need to bag it. Not to mention the HM I was originally planning on doing a week from now.

This is exactly why I switched from Monumental to CIM last fall...

This is exactly why I switched from Monumental to CIM last fall...

Plan was Eugene on 5/7. Backup possibility I suppose is Newport (OR) on 6/3.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Docket, I always think the cupping looks like a tattoo cover up. That's what I thought when I was watching the Olympics. Do your bruises tend to get more colorful over time?

My bruise is now nonexistent. It's still there but just like a circle.  And I bruise easily.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Plan was Eugene on 5/7. Backup possibility I suppose is Newport (OR) on 6/3.

I would switch to have a bit more time to train.  I like 10-12 weeks of training but you took some time off.

Damaris

Fundraising Page