Beginners and Beyond

Thursday Penguins take it down a notch! (Read 9 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

In terms of craziness, that is.  I have more samples to run, and some to analyze, some to report out, a letter to write, and a figure to create, but I think today will be much more relaxed than I've had so far this week.  Thank goodness!!  Our chorus and quartet are doing a show Feb 11 and 12, and the dress rehearsals start next Thursday.  I really need to learn my lines!!

Chorus rehearsal tonight, where I'm already supposed to know my lines!!  I do, mostly, but I need to know the rest of the script too so I know what song comes when, and how to react, and when I'm supposed to do my own talking.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

GinnyinPA

HM - sounds like fun.  Enjoy your rehearsals.

Really windy here - 15 -25 mph with gusts up to 40.  I think I'll do my run on the TM later.

Docket_Rocket

Hiya.  Biked 10 miles last night, got a surgery date (one of two given), and today I have Pilates and weights.  Not much for me.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

HopesMom, hope the craziness at work abates!

Ginny, ugh, the wind.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Hi everybody. HSM, sounds like a fun kind of busy.

Ginny, hope that the TM goes well.

D, did you get the earlier or later date?

We're going to see my daughter this weekend for her birthday. Since we have to drive up, I didn't want to try to transport a fancy cake. So I am doing cupcakes tonight. If they look pretty I will post a picture.

GinnyinPA

Z - your cakes always look pretty.  Have a good weekend.