Beginners and Beyond

Wednesdailes chatter thread (Read 31 times)

Cyberic

I don't pay attention to easy pace, as in checking my watch for a specific pace.

Contrary to many people, though, I do not run as slow as possible. I will do that (run as slow as possible) on very rare occasions, like a couple of times a year on a dedicated recovery run, but I usually just let the pace be, or push it just a tad once warmed up.

I don't get the "easy pace can never be too slow" thing.  To me it's more like "an easy run is not a workout, and should not leave me tired."

Half Crazy K 2.0

5 on the treadmill.

I do most of my runs by feel. I have no problem keeping my easy pace easy. According to McMillan's calculator, I do them to slow. It usually is on the slow side of the Daniel's calculator.

LRB

I don't pay attention to easy pace, as in checking my watch for a specific pace.

Contrary to many people, though, I do not run as slow as possible. I will do that (run as slow as possible) on very rare occasions, like a couple of times a year on a dedicated recovery run, but I usually just let the pace be, or push it just a tad once warmed up.

I don't get the "easy pace can never be too slow" thing.  To me it's more like "an easy run is not a workout, and should not leave me tired."

The only time I've ever run purposely slow was while training for my first marathon, when long slow days (LSD) were the big run of the week. I did a 22 at LS pace and it was awful times 100 and that was the end of that experiment!

These days, anything "slow" is a byproduct of me jogging as I normally would, and the pace being whatever it is on a given day. The further I am from quality, the "faster" that is.

From the Internet.

Holy crap I had a big breakthrough workout today. 1600-800-1600-800, ran 6:25-3:05-6:18-3:03 and felt REALLY GOOD. WHAT. Sub-20 is looking closer every day!