Beginners and Beyond

No Shoes, No Shirt, No SATURDAILIES (Read 71 times)

Chairman

May I ask how old you are scrape?  In my mental image, you have always been early 20's.

Coalition for a Free and Independent New Jersey

Chairman

Your best running days are NOT behind you, you goose.  You JUST ran a 1:18 HM in October!!!!  Sick time, right there: crazy fast.  You just need to get healthy.  Period.  Then, the PRs will continue to come.  You are ridiculously talented.  I do, however, understand your frustration with the injury garbage.  I can't imagine.  My IT band stuff drove me nutso and I wasn't even knocked out all that long.  Something like the injury that you are dealing with would be really hard for me to handle, myself. I get that, for sure. Regardless, know that we all think you are a rock star and that you are going to come back from this better, faster, and stronger.

Thanks, Heidi. I still hope I can get there.

Chairman

Tried out some new OTC inserts on my run.

Wound up running 10 in 1:12 and change, first at 7:30-ish, last 3 in 7:01, 6:16, 6:09. No particular reason, just felt like going faster because I haven't done anything but easy in quite some time. I guess I also discovered I'm in better cardiovascular shape than I expected. The inserts did seem to relieve my ankle discomfort until the last 2 miles. That could be because I sped up. I'll keep wearing them for now. They do seem to help, so hopefully they won't mess anything else up because my foot strike does feel pretty different with them.

delicate flower

60 minutes done on the elliptical.  DW bought me the HRM to go with my FR 410.  I've never trained with a HRM, so now I've got this heart rate data that I don't know what it means.  Smile  MORE DATA GOOD.

<3

Pinktastic

Totally NRR....  Eating pizza and watching hockey.  Life is good!!

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Just B.S.

Totally NRR....  Eating pizza and watching hockey.  Life is good!!

Pink, great job on the  run today!

We walked the dog before dinner and hubby says to me "guess what today is?"  and I

was thinking and thinking, someones b'day, no....anniversary, no...hmmmmm.......finally

he says "HOCKEY"!!!! ummmm yippeeRoll eyes  but I hope you two enjoy!LOL

Pinktastic

Pink, great job on the  run today!

We walked the dog before dinner and hubby says to me "guess what today is?"  and I

was thinking and thinking, someones b'day, no....anniversary, no...hmmmmm.......finally

he says "HOCKEY"!!!! ummmm yippeeRoll eyes  but I hope you two enjoy!LOL

Normally, I play rec league hockey on Saturday nights so every Saturday is hockey night for me.  Youth tourney this weekend so no hockey playing for me.  I'm very glad that "real" hockey is back - FINALLY!!

I'm really enjoying reading about your swimming journey, Beth!  Keep up the great work!!

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

StepbyStep-SH

Nice run, Pink!

We had lunch and now my eye is swollen, which means they cooked some shellfish close to my food.  I am not pleased.  Even my stomach is rebelling.

That sucks. Do you carry an Epipen (or two)? Celiac and the digestive discomfort from cross-contamination is bad enough, but the whole idea of an anaphylactic allergy terrifies me.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Best running days defintiely not past if you can heal and stay healthy. I was still flirting with PBs at 34 and missed a golden chance for a marathon PB because of bad pacing. I was even racing miles less than 10 seconds off my PB.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Got in my 10 miles today but fell short of running a full 2 hours. I was fried by mile 9 (12:08) and struggled through the last mile (12:34).

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Just B.S.

Normally, I play rec league hockey on Saturday nights so every Saturday is hockey night for me.  Youth tourney this weekend so no hockey playing for me.  I'm very glad that "real" hockey is back - FINALLY!!

I'm really enjoying reading about your swimming journey, Beth!  Keep up the great work!!

Thanks Pink! I've been having a blast! Hubby plays hockey as well, so he is superexcited. Me not so

much!LOL

LRB, don't know about the toning but I do know that I can't keep weight on with the swimming and I have

to eat two breakfasts when I swim early morning. So I'm getting to eat more and not gaining weight...bonus!!

You rock with your bad self too, mofo!LOL

Luke and Coderunner, hope you are both OK from your falls!

SIAR, I just want to adopt you, you are so darn nice. Just don't tell my other internet son, Luke, he might get

jealous!

rkymtnnanna, so happy for your great run today!

RunMomto3, you are a beast, that is all!! A tiny one but still a beast!

Al, funny you liked that drill.  Hubby found a video today with the same drill and we are going to practice it

on Monday!

Robert, congrats!!!

Hi to Shari, Docket, April, Kay, Scrape, WC Runner, Tom and everyone else!

Chairman

Best running days defintiely not past if you can heal and stay healthy. I was still flirting with PBs at 34 and missed a golden chance for a marathon PB because of bad pacing. I was even racing miles less than 10 seconds off my PB.

The staying healthy bit seems to be the tricky part of running in my 30s.

Just B.S.

That sucks. Do you carry an Epipen (or two)? Celiac and the digestive discomfort from cross-contamination is bad enough, but the whole idea of an anaphylactic allergy terrifies me.

Terrifies me too, because I have experienced it. I always carry two epi's everywhere and  am a true  anaphlyactic.

I almost died on my first exposure while on vacation in Florida in 2000. Had to be rushed thru the lobby of my

hotel on a stretcher and put in an ambulance while being shot up with adreneline. I could hear them talking about

the possibility of intubating me if my throat didn't open up.Roll eyes I could only hear them and not see them because

both eyes were swollen shut.

Then  spent 6 hrs  in the E.R. after they gave me corticosteriods and waited to determined that I  wasn't going

to have  a rebound attack.

My allergist told me not to become a hermit but that I must be well aware that a 2nd attack would kill me as they

usually get worse and my first was so severe. Fun times.

For a few years after that I would have panic attack when I even though I had come in contact with shellfish.

Chairman

Terrifies me too, because I have experienced it. I always carry two epi's everywhere and  am a true  anaphlyactic.

I almost died on my first exposure while on vacation in Florida in 2000. Had to be rushed thru the lobby of my

hotel on a stretcher and put in an ambulance while being shot up with adreneline. I could hear them talking about

the possibility of intubating me if my throat didn't open up.Roll eyes I could only hear them and not see them because

both eyes were swollen shut.

Then  spent 6 hrs  in the E.R. after they gave me corticosteriods and waited to determined that I  wasn't going

to have  a rebound attack.

My allergist told me not to become a hermit but that I must be well aware that a 2nd attack would kill me as they

usually get worse and my first was so severe. Fun times.

For a few years after that I would have panic attack when I even though I had come in contact with shellfish.

Many moons ago, I was out on a run with my college GF after a crab dinner, when she stopped and said her throat was closing up. I thought she was joking, but she told me to get her to the hospital. I ran to get my car because we were within a mile of home, and drove her over there. By the time we made it, she looked like I punched her out (I didn't). They gave her steroids and told her to start carrying an epi pen. That was a pretty frightening experience because at that moment I kind of realized that if we were not close to a medical facility when this happened, there was probably nothing I could have done to help her.

4.5 for me today.......soooooooo slow today.......must've been that horseshoe sandwich from yesterday stuck in my gut.

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott