Beginners and Beyond

Throw-It-Down Thursdailies (Read 33 times)

RunningOnSand

If this is not your computer background pic, then I don't know what.

Right?! It would also come up in regular conversation, somehow. "Oh you know, me & Shalane...." Or, "That time when I was hanging out with Amy..."

HOLY SHIT! What an awesome pic!!!!

RunningOnSand

Lol I couldn't imagine driving with any of my cats across multiple states. Hell, just the 15-20 minute drive from the house to the vet is so damn dramatic and annoying.

Truth.

RunningOnSand

it went about as expected. He agreed I've likely got chronic proximal hamstring tendinosis. He did some sound wave treatment and cross grain massage, some with his elbow (which hurt a bit!) and also a pulsing thing (forgot to ask what that device was). He recommended another 3-4 treatments to see if it responds. Said I could run but keep the pace slow and don't stress it too much for now.  He liked LRBs hamstring flossing exercise so I'll continue doing that.

Because I've been dealing with this on and off for so long (about 10 years, maybe a bit more) he said it may be a slower process. It does feel a little better than usual for this time of day which could be from the massage and also it's been feeling better in general this week. I'm going for treatment #2 Monday morning at 7am which will be a treat but that's about the only time I can go other than taking a half day like I did today (I also had to get a new drivers license and spent 2 hours waiting at and near the secretary of state office).

Thanks for asking.

Glad to hear he's positive about it, and you can keep running! I wish hamstrings were quicker to heal. Seems like they can take a hot minute.

And total sucky about the 2hr wait for the DL. Uggghh.

RunningOnSand

RunningOnSand

I would like to meet Desi. Because we shared the 2018 Boston experience, I think I identify with her more than any other professional athlete.

I ran 10 today with 5 at LT.

That's a tough one, especially with your low iron levels! Nice job!

RunningOnSand

We are 3 hours out from my house.

Half Crazy K 2.0

What kind?

ROS, I've been doing workouts from Brett Contreras.  He's known for glute workouts.

RunningOnSand

ROS, I've been doing workouts from Brett Contreras.  He's known for glute workouts.

Sounds painful!