Beginners and Beyond

Finally, FRIDAILIES! (Read 48 times)

Docket_Rocket

Ahem, it's 2-1 already and I still have cupcakes at home.

FYI, today's eaten cupcake count:  Me - 2.  You - 0.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

YAYpril - B-Plus

I have cupcakes at home too. Now I'll have two eat 2 after work just so I can catch up.

Actually, they're mini cupcakes... so I'll have to eat 4?

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Lots of recommendations.  Is there a way for her to email me (via FB maybe)?  I need to see what her plans are and then I can give her some ideas.

Him.  lol.  I will message you his e-mail address and let him know you will be sending him something.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

BruceD555

FYI, today's eaten cupcake count:  Me - 2.  You - 0.

Well, I'll see your two cupcakes and raise you two handfuls of pretzel m&m's.

Train smart ... race smarter.

Hip Redux

Maybe, but I just had a delicious Fiber One bar, so there.

Actually I am hooked on those things, but try to avoid eating them too close before a run, in case it achieves its intended effect.

"Fiber" "delicious" and "hooked" ----->  three works that really should not be so close together.

outoftheblue

15.25 @ 10:35 in the books.  The fog turned into a steady rain about 5 miles in, so I was very glad I threw my baseball cap on at the last minute.  At least I had the running/bike path all to myself out there.  One really weird thing.  I wore compression shorts and although I thought was being totally over-cautious, I did put on a little low-level sunblock on my legs before I went out.  I ran the entire way in either fog or rain, with maybe a 1/2 hour where the fog lighted up just a bit.    When I got home, I found I had a very distinct tan line where my shorts were.  I first I thought it was dirt, but no, it's a tan line.   We apparently have fog-that-tans out here in California.

Now I wish I had a cupcake.

Life is good.

delicate flower

I have cupcakes at home too. Now I'll have two eat 2 after work just so I can catch up.

Actually, they're mini cupcakes... so I'll have to eat 4?

I've seen your cupcake pictures.  I think my victory will be a short-lived one.

<3

@runjerseygirl

4.05 mi in 38:56 - 9:37 pace

52 and sunny. Gorgeous day! Ran in shorts and a tank top. Sun on my skin felt amazing! I hope this is the "real" start of spring.

Super comfortable with my pace. I'm in love with this run. <3 Splits: 9:47/9:42/9:46/9:13

Do you even run?

Jess runs for bacon

For those who are fans of fiber one bars, google "fiber one fart bars." I will never, ever touch anything fiber one again, it took me days to figure out what the hell was going on. Horrific (on the other hand, my friend can eat them all day long with no problems).

just got back from a 7 mile bike ride. 1/2 a mile in I tried to jump a curb and ended up on the curb. Thankfully I had my helmet and clothes covering my arms and legs. I mushed my handlebars out of alignment though. Luckily the bike store was only half a mile away.

No complaints here, it's gorgeous out!!!

Luke79

70° and sunny again Smile

5.3 miles @ 9:25 and then some mtb fun.  Great day, grillin and chillin', drinkin' some brewskis.  Have a good one guys.

Luke

@runjerseygirl

70° and sunny again Smile

5.3 miles @ 9:25 and then some mtb fun.  Great day, grillin and chillin', drinkin' some brewskis.  Have a good one guys.

Luke

Jealous!  Although not quite as jealous as I would have been last week.  50's (today) is good.  70's is better. Smile

Do you even run?

flarunner, sweet six-miler.

Jeepofspades, enjoy your well-earned rest day.

AprilRunner, have a great easy run. Good luck tomorrow!

DaveP MI, have a relaxing and refreshing rest day.

Phil, I hope that PT and cardio go well.

Oski, have fun doing whatever you do. Stay fabulous.

lilac_jive, enjoy your rest day, eventful bike ride and all.

Fuzzy, have an easy taper.

Rick, I'm glad that you had a pleasant run.

SIAR, I hope that you're feeling better.

Shari, good luck racing this weekend!

outoftheblue, great job with the 15.25.

Zelanie, have a wonderful easy run.

Marjorie, pretty good 12.3 indeed.

Beth, you amaze me. How do you manage?

Ric-G, terrific ten.

BruceD555, have an invigorating eight-miler.

scottydawg, good luck this weekend!

kristin10185, you're racing a double this weekend, too? Awesome!

Kay, beautiful 4.05. I'm proud of your progress.

Ab work and a one-hour deep-tissue massage are doneSmile

YAYpril - B-Plus

3.05 done. In a tank and skirt. Can it be like this forever?

Hi dailies:

SIAR - welcome back, hope you feel better

D - be careful and don't get shot at when you go to P.R.

Cupcake contest - If I had known, I would have had 2 for lunch.

Out for an easy 10 in a few.

Luke79

Jealous!  Although not quite as jealous as I would have been last week.  50's (today) is good.  70's is better. Smile

I'm sure 50's feels very nice for you guys at this point.  Great 4 miles btw, very solid pace.