Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILIES : Caffeine Addicts Unite (Read 54 times)

Docket_Rocket

Thanks, guys.  Just got in from the movies.  I was fine, but I do get some runs like that where the reflux just cannot stomach anything being eaten (pun intended).  I stopped all gels by the second one and concentrated on Gatorade.  It got better but stopping three times to heave took a long time.  Apart from that, I had fun.

And I stayed away from the pineapples on the course this time around.  That would have wrecked the reflux to pieces.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Just B.S.

Yikes, sounds rough Beth.  GJ getting it done though.

Thanks Luke.

I didn't stop running up any of those hills, as per my "get tough, stay tough" policy!LOL

My hubby loves me dearly and I know he is proud of me but he is a man of few words.

Today at the end of that run he said looked at me and said "you are one tough chick".  High praise indeed.

Rick - the Pike Place was ok.  I'm not a coffee connoisseur but it seemed like just a good, well-rounded cup -- maybe a little on the toasty side.  One of my favorites is a Sumatran I got at Wegman's...acidic and rich without much charred flavor.

George - sorry the races didn't go as well as you wanted

D- congrats on yet another marathon finish, hope the yacking wasn't too horrible.

Heidi - great run!  All those miles on a track must get boring, do you bring music?

Step - nice job on the fast finish

SIAR - awesome run indeed, and impressive mileage.  Share away on the paces, it's good info to have.

DaveP - cool that a runner driving by gave you some support.  I always give a point/nod acknowledgement when I spot a passing car with a running sticker.

scrape. - very nice tempo miles

Beth - hills, snow, ice... nice job.

19 miles, 7:41 pace.  Lots of deer and turkey tracks on the back roads.

Damaris, I'm relieved that you're feeling better.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

SHIRFAN....you'd have been a nice running partner today! Great run for you too.

Beth...tough chick indeed Smile

Docket...glad you're doing better. Pineapple surely would have been trouble.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Better I Leave

You folks inspire me. I did 6.5 easy miles today on the TM along w/ triceps and back. My hip feels OK at the moment, so I'm hoping I'll be in good shape for my half next Sunday. Smile

Jess runs for bacon

Damn, so many posts. Damaris, sorry about the barf attack but it sounds like you are in good spirits. Heidi, I keep hitting short bursts of 8:30 on my runs and I always think of you. That thought its how the f*** does Heidi keeps this pace for 26.2????

3.5 done. Hip started to get cranky so I stopped. I just ate enough Greek food to keep a third world country full for a day + alcohol (god I miss frappes, one of the few good things from Greece). I'm watching Everest, Beyond the Limit while it digests then I'll do my IT rehab. I also speed walked 1 mile today, when I first got on the TM my knee was stiff, so I did a walk, rested, then ran.

Pine Grove Dave, great workout.

lilac_jive, nice run. Frappes are super easy to make. Just place ice, cold water, instant coffee, sugar (optional), and milk (also optional) into a shaker and shake. That's it. No need to pay 3-4€Smile

runmomto3boys

Beth: Wow!  What a run!!!  You SO are one tough chick!!!  Holy hills!

Jay: What a great LR today.  Nicely done!!!  Are you Pfitzing it for Boston?

Pinegrovedad: Well done on the TM run today!!  I'm glad the hip is doing well!  Best of luck to you in your upcoming race!

Lilac: 3.5 > 0!  Nice!

Jess runs for bacon

Basya, I actually have some Nescafe but I swear I can never get it like I had it in Greece. It's even Greek Nescafé. Me gala, metrio, you think it would be easy. i got it tonight with Kahlua and some other booze, it was awesome. The bartender was confused when I started pouring water in it, though.

Also, please don't mind my cranky comments about Greece...I was there in 07 and my memories are mostly fire & boat sinking related.

Crank away. As my dad says, there are reasons he hasn't been back since he married my mother and had no desire to return.

Jess runs for bacon

Lol basya! BTW, I can't wait to hear about Jerusalem. I know several people who have been there and loved it.

I love it. I had trouble leaving Israel when I was there last year. I hope to be able to sneak to Hevron or up north to Amuka for a day trip this.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

How's the ITBS rehab going for you?

Damn, so many posts. Damaris, sorry about the barf attack but it sounds like you are in good spirits. Heidi, I keep hitting short bursts of 8:30 on my runs and I always think of you. That thought its how the f*** does Heidi keeps this pace for 26.2????

3.5 done. Hip started to get cranky so I stopped. I just ate enough Greek food to keep a third world country full for a day + alcohol (god I miss frappes, one of the few good things from Greece). I'm watching Everest, Beyond the Limit while it digests then I'll do my IT rehab. I also speed walked 1 mile today, when I first got on the TM my knee was stiff, so I did a walk, rested, then ran.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

notimeforthat

34.7 miles on the bike, 1.6 run after the ride.

I am still cold and it is almost 3 hours post ride.