Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #150 (Read 30 times)

onemile

Onemile, do they last longer for just training than for racing? I mean when they say they are only good for like 150 miles, is it because they fall apart after that, or because they simply lose some of their energy return but are still fine to run in?

Mine the foam wore way down on the left shoe by around 180 miles so I quit wearing that pair because I thought the unevenness might be problematic.

My RP didn't have that problem and wore his past 200 miles and said they just lost the bounce but were still ok to use still

Cyberic

Not onemile but I have a pair of 4% that have more than 200 miles and are still good for speedwork workouts. Also, the Next% supposedly last longer.

Your opinion is good too 

onemile

Baboon (remember him?) always said they are easier on his surgically repaired knees. 

Who? 

onemile

I ran 10 with a half hearted Mona

Docket_Rocket

I started out too fast for high pollen and 77F (and sunny) so I crashed after Mile 1.3 of my 10K time trial. Still ended up with 9:45mm or thereabouts which for this weather is where I should have started in the first place. 🤦‍♀️

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hahaha, yeah, it's a standard Fender Precision. 

The classic.

IDK if I told the story about my son, when he was young and first taking guitar lessons. He only had a cheap acoustic at that time. My BIL told us he’d give us one of his electrics that he didn’t play. He actually had it packaged & shipped to us from the other side of the country. I assumed it’d be some old beater, which would be fine. It was actually a ‘70s-era American-made Telecaster. DS of course had no idea what he was getting. But his guitar teacher was suitably impressed. Anyway that was something like 12 years ago, and he certainly appreciates having it now. And he’s also looking forward to inheriting my dad’s Martin at some point.

Dave

Cyberic

Mine the foam wore way down on the left shoe by around 180 miles so I quit wearing that pair because I thought the unevenness might be problematic.

My RP didn't have that problem and wore his past 200 miles and said they just lost the bounce but were still ok to use still

Ok, so like a buck and a quarter per mile

onemile

Ok, so like a buck and a quarter per mile

It's like the price difference I'd pay to make an americano in the nespresso vs using the Keurig   and I drink at least 2 cups of coffee per day. So then multiply by 7 days and I think I just justified the VF 

Docket_Rocket

Weird shit, I ran at 250 average power for the 10K, CP is 239 and I didn't get a CP increase this time. Waaaah.

And shit, that means I am supposed to run the 5K at 260 or so power. I could hardly hold 250 (at least until today).

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

It's like the price difference I'd pay to make an americano in the nespresso vs using the Keurig   and I drink at least 2 cups of coffee per day. So then multiply by 7 days and I think I just justified the VF 

Sure! Or you can also compare that to people who drive $ 60-80K cars. The tires are more expensive, the insurance, everything. You could probably run all your miles in the Nikes and drive an American/Korean/Japanese, and spend less than someone driving a German/English/Italian and running in Asics and Brooks all purchased on sale.

GinnyinPA

I ran 8 on the TM. Hamstrings still hurt, but not like yesterday. DH gave me a good massage last night which helped a lot.

RunningOnSand

Whatcha gonna do? I vote nap.

I vote play Switch

sdWhiskers

I vote play Switch

Winner winner chicken dinner!