Beginners and Beyond

Quad/rectus femoris stretches (Read 28 times)

Hip Redux

PT has determined that my knee pain is likely coming from too tight ITB and too tight rectus femoris.

I pretty much hate all the stretches that I've been given.  It either crunches my knee or I feel it through my lower back or I just can't get a stretch.

Got any favorites that maybe I haven't tried?

tracilynn

Which ones are you doing now? I have a favorite ITB stretch. Lemme see if I can find pic

~~~~~~~

Traci

tracilynn

I Like to bend all the way over and touch the ground.

~~~~~~~

Traci

tracilynn

Stupid iphone

~~~~~~~

Traci

Hip Redux

Which ones are you doing now? I have a favorite ITB stretch. Lemme see if I can find pic

I've given up on the ITB stretches entirely lol I either get no stretch or it bothers my hip!

But for quads I was given variations on these:

LRB

I only have two.

This static version that Nicole (my personal trainer who is also a phyiscal therapist) swears by. I do it post-run around three times a week.

This dynamic version I do pre-run, but bend my knee a little deeper than shown to engage the quads a bit more. I got that idea from Betty, the PT who helped me overcome my SI joint issues.

Sometimes I do it post-run and allow my heel to touch my glute to really engage the quads.

Hip Redux

So the first one is another that I've tried - the problem is my leg flares outwards to avoid actually hitting the rectus femoris.  I tried to get it to stay straight and failed completely.

And it also hurt my knee.

This is such a stupid thing but I cannot get anything to work.   I rolled tonight and hit about a million tight spots, so maybe that will be enough.  

LRB

Pull to the point just before it flares outward, and begin your count there?