Beginners and Beyond

Sluggish Ruggish Monday (Read 35 times)

RunningOnSand

I am so glad I work out at home. I've been doing a lot of hip thrusts and glute bridges, I prefer humping my barbell in the privacy of my home!

LOL

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

It might be needing a firmware update?

If you charge it every other day, it is not normal, for sure.

Try leaving the bluetooth on your phone on, so if it needs an update it will download and install it, maybe?

I don't charge it every other day, probably once a week or maybe twice depending. Like if it is down to 3 bars or 4 before a 5-8 mile run, I won't charge it until after the run. Or if it is down to 2 or 3 bars the day before my long run that will be over 2 hours, I will charge it just so I can be sure it doesn't die on me during the run.......... if that happened during a long run I'd lose my shit.

I don't get the battery life Garmin promises (didn't on the Fenix I returned or the replacement). I have the vibrate alerts on, I assume that eats more battery than beep. Do you use that?

I think so, I mean it beeps but I notice what feels like a tiny vibration. I will admit, I have not gone into the menus and settings since I bought it, cause it's kind of weird and different from the Forerunners 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Cyberic

FS, I know you read on the Internet that the batteries will not last as long if you charge it often, and the people on the Internets are smarter than me, but I know three things: 1-I charge my watch and my phone every day, 2- I've never run out of battery (because of no 1) and 3- My watches' batteries seem to last as long as the ones from the smarter people who wait a few days before they charge their watches and run out of batteries on their runs Wink

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

What Cy said.  My tomtom is always plugged to the computer and the battery is never an issue later. It is 4 years old already I think.

And I just broke the wristband. In DC. Lovely.  I have wristbands...at home 🙄

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Ugh, I don't want to always leave it plugged in.... mainly because it would be plugged into my computer which my son will grab things off of or my cat takes off with it. Saturday evening I actually nearly freaked out when I couldn't find my watch, Mittens the little brat had taken off with it and had been playing with it in the kitchen 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)