Beginners and Beyond

St. Patrick's Day Races - Anybody dress up, and if so do you have Pics (Read 69 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Yeah, I know February isn't over yet BUT my race is so I am now looking forward to next month's race, the Run of Luck 7k. My sister and I will be dressing up for this, once I receive all my items for the outfit I will take a pic and post it here to show ya'll.

Anybody enjoy dressing up for St. Patty's day races, or any holiday races as a matter of fact? I would like to see pics Smile

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I have a 5K March 3rd with "Shamrocks" in the title... I plan to wear the closest to green running thing I have, which is a dark teal colored half zip. I haven't decided yet if I want to take it further and put something silly on my head.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

RSX

My wife grew up in Western MA, 90 minutes from where I did. They have a 5 mile race out there that draws 6,000 finishers which I have only heard about the last year or so. It might be the 3rd biggest race field in the state, (Boston and Falmouth) but few of us in the East know about it. I was out there last year that weekend, and the local stations in the area were talking it up, but I was shocked when I found out how big it is.

If I get through my 10 mile race and half over the next 10 days in 1 piece, I will try to sign up before it closes.

Jess runs for bacon

I am making my own green tutu for Shamrock. I also got a scarf with clovers all over it. If you check out your local craft store, they have a ton of stuff right now.

YAYpril - B-Plus

A friend of mine ran our St. Patrick's Day 5k last year and wore a pair of shamrock dress tights over her running tights. It was super cute.

bpink76

2013 Goals:

5K: 25:00

10K: 52:00

Half: 2:00:00

Hipfan

Proud Calgarian

I don't dress up for races; however, I do take pictures at the photo booth after the race is over!! Blush

2015 Goals and PRs:

5k - 17:59 (18:05);  10k - 35:59 (36:42);   HM - 1:19:19 (1:19:59);   FM - 2:49:59 (3:05:46)

Trail Monster

My DH and I are looking for green tech shirts for Shamrock so we can iron on our names or whatever else. Unfortunately, most of the shirts I'm finding are ridiculously expensive and I'm not willing to subject us to cotton for a full marathon.

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Ultra Cowboy

I am toying with the idea of buying a Sport Kilt...If I could decide on a tartan I might pull the trigger. And Yes I know this is a Scottish pattern.

The "Martin Hunting" Tartan  which is not offered by Sportkilts....

WYBMADIITY

Save

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

A man in a kilt, I'll have to keep my eyes open for that at the race on March 16... I didn't pay attention in 2011.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

Ultra Cowboy

Yes it would be rather unique in my running circle as well.  St. Patty's is a week after my 50k.  I'll have a training group run that morning for 12 miles, and the race is at 5:00pm that night.

I know it would be a hit with the ladies.  Not sure if it would lead to trouble with the guys later in the night...

WYBMADIITY

Save

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Yes it would be rather unique in my running circle as well.  St. Patty's is a week after my 50k.  I'll have a training group run that morning for 12 miles, and the race is at 5:00pm that night.

I know it would be a hit with the ladies.  Not sure if it would lead to trouble with the guys later in the night...

What do you wear underneath? Boxers, briefs... tighty whities......... nothing?

PRs

Nevrgivup

I'm doing a 10k race on St. Paddy's day and I think I may dress up a bit. I'm not intending on breaking any records this year. Its a hilly course, and I'm going to just get out there and run. Its a fairly large race (over 4,000) people not including the spectators. Its really fun and there is even beer on the course. Big grin I've never run it for fun and think that this year I am going to do just that.

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

Ultra Cowboy

What do you wear underneath? Boxers, briefs... tighty whities......... nothing?

.....Shoes and socksWink

WYBMADIITY

Save