Beginners and Beyond

Puerto Rico Marathon RR With Tons of Pics (Long) (Read 169 times)

Docket_Rocket

Oops, forgot to give you a review.  I love the Hokas.  I bought a second pair.  They felt heavy this time around but I've run in them before and they felt lighter.  I have been able to run at MP pace with them.  I am not sore from the race.

There, Shoe Review done. Big grin

Any questions?

YAY!!!  Nicely done!

most importantly, how were the HOKAS???!!!  LOL

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

Oops, forgot to give you a review.  I love the Hokas.  I bought a second pair.  They felt heavy this time around but I've run in them before and they felt lighter.  I have been able to run at MP pace with them.  I am not sore from the race.

There, Shoe Review done. Big grin

Any questions?

yes - will you buy me a pair?

Docket_Rocket

hehe

yes - will you buy me a pair?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

hehe

There is NO PLACE near me that sells them - but I just signed up for that BAA 10K in June just so I can go to marathon sports to try them Wink

Docket_Rocket

The House has them!  I recommend a 1/2 size smaller.

There is NO PLACE near me that sells them - but I just signed up for that BAA 10K in June just so I can go to marathon sports to try them Wink

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Great RR, Damaris!  I can feel the humidity from here.

You did great under such tough conditions.

PRs:

5k: 25:05 (Sep 2011)     10k: 51:57 (Aug 2012)     half: 1:56:46 (May 2013)     full: 4:09:46 (Jan 2016)

Docket_Rocket

Thanks!

Do you want me to send you some? Big grin

Great RR, Damaris!  I can feel the humidity from here.

You did great under such tough conditions.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

The House has them!  I recommend a 1/2 size smaller.

WTH is the House?

and I heard a half size up?!  That's why I'm going to TRY them Wink

Docket_Rocket

www.runningwarehouse.com

The Bondi Bs are half a size smaller, unless they are the unisex one (the one I'm wearing in the picture) in which case you wear 1 size up.  Confused?  Don't know why!

WTH is the House?

and I heard a half size up?!  That's why I'm going to TRY them Wink

Damaris

Fundraising Page

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

www.runningwarehouse.com

The Bondi Bs are half a size smaller, unless they are the unisex one (the one I'm wearing in the picture) in which case you wear 1 size up.  Confused?  Don't know why!

LOL never heard it called the HOUSE.  I should have known.

Docket_Rocket

You definitely NOT buy enough there.

Wait, what?

LOL never heard it called the HOUSE.  I should have known.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Great job Damaris!!! For this to be YOUR most humid race, being from Miami, we know it must be bad! Sounds like a fun race and trip though, especially getting to visit your and DH's parents!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Love the Half

Haven't read through all of the replies but, just for the record, you didn't leave your country of origin.  Joking  I can't imagine running a marathon in those conditions.  Blech.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

Docket_Rocket

Haha.  Sort of, then, since I was born and raised there....Big grin

Haven't read through all of the replies but, just for the record, you didn't leave your country of origin.  Joking  I can't imagine running a marathon in those conditions.  Blech.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

You definitely NOT buy enough there.

Wait, what?

I'm new here.