Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES; Let the countdown begin! (Read 50 times)

delicate flower

4 at a medium effort.

<3

Half Crazy K 2.0

Weights.

JackK, you are very brave to go to Costco.

PleasantRidge, terrific 10.1.

Phil, nice swim. Fantastic four.

bluerun, awesome 7.65. I hope that your foot feels better ASAP.

FreeSoul87, have a relaxing and refreshing rest day.

Dave, you made it.

Cyberic99, excellent eleven.

Damaris, enjoy running and lifting.

BerthaSlayer, nice recovery run.

Jack K., bravo on the weights. I hope that this HM cycle has been kind to you.

onemile, sweet seven.

hCK2.0, great job doing weights. What's your lifting routine?

4.30 miles in 40:06 (9:20), weights, push-ups, and abs.

Rick, it took me a while to figure out what you meant. No, I'm not engaged. SO's hobby is flying, so, whenever we can do it together, we do. Yesterday, we flew along the coast to Portland, ME. It was gorgeous.

LRB

Rick, no one ever knows what the hell you are talking about. Thank you for giving me a headache trying to figure it out.

Oops!

Docket_Rocket

Started running outside and the Summer weather coupled with the high winds made me go indoors.  Asthma is glad I did.  6 miles total, weights done.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

Basya, I have a huge collection of Cathe Friedrich DVDs. I mostly just use the weight ones, but on occasion break out the spin ones.

Rick, no one ever knows what the hell you are talking about.

This is what I'm saying.

Dave

GinnyinPA

5.25 easy miles.

LRB

This is what I'm saying.

lol

Not sure I do either.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Some of you saw on FB, but my race did not go well on Sat.  Completely my fault tho, it wasn't even a rookie mistake, I don't know what level it was on. lol

Imagine running the first half of a marathon at HM pace and what the rest of the marathon would look like after that, that's pretty much how it went down. (edit - not even the first half, more like the first 2/3 lol)

I've never crashed in a race before, so I guess when I decided to have my first crash, I'd go big.  The wheels started coming off around mile 24, which in a marathon, wouldn't have been so bad, except I had 7 more miles to go.  By mile 27 I was walking and had mentally quit.  Then I started doing the math and realized how long it would take me to walk another 4 miles, and decided that I would run, with whatever I had left, which wasn't much.  Then caught up to another guy who was walking (we had gone back and forth a couple of times over the last mile), I told him, "Me and you buddy, whatever we have left, we've got less than four miles left, we're gonna run it in".  So we did, and we started talking and distracted each other, and the pace picked back up and we both finished strong.  He actually had a pretty solid PR, so that was cool.

Had I stayed with the group that I started with, for at least the first loop, instead of stupidly pulling away, I probably would have PR'd and taken 2nd place Masters.  But I guess any day you don't die and you can learn something is still a good day.  In retrospect, I'm probably in 4:10-4:12 shape, but ended up with 4:43:21.  I have either PR'd, AG'd or even place OA in every other race I've run this year, so I guess I can handle one bad race.  Just sucks that my training went so well and then I threw it away with horrible, horrible racing.  I'll redeem myself there next year!

Hope everyone else had a great weekend!

Ooof!

Yeah that has to sting.

In the longer races I find that it is nearly imperative for me

to have a throw-away of the distance.  Not that it is fun, interesting or really desirable.

But it it gives me a much better idea the next time I race it.

Hello!

10 miles with 2 sub MP.

Happy Festivus!