Beginners and Beyond

Wednesday: Half off all bottles of wine day 🍷 (Read 36 times)

Cyberic

+2. My knee has been bugging me lately...maybe I’ll try running in a diff pair to see if that helps.

You're not rotating shoes?

RunningOnSand

You're not rotating shoes?

I am--usually 3 pair.

1) Ghost 10's--my everyday shoe

2) Adidas Boston's--using it as an everyday but don't use it as much as the Ghosts

3) NB 1400s--for speedwork & races, but I've done neither recently, so it's mostly been my Ghosts.

Cyberic

I am--usually 3 pair.

2) Adidas Boston's--using it as an everyday but don't use it as much as the Ghosts

3) NB 1400s--for speedwork & races, but I've done neither recently, so it's mostly been my Ghosts.

Ok. The way you said it before, I thought you weren't.

onemile

these are on sale at Jack Rabbit for $53 and free shipping with coupon code GM459KL

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Me too!

onemile - Jackrabbit doesn't have them in my size... aaargh!!!  Thanks though.

Has anyone tried the Adizero Tempo 9's?  They look similar to the Bostons (maybe slightly heftier) and have the Conti rubber, which I really like.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

onemile

Me too!

onemile - Jackrabbit doesn't have them in my size... aaargh!!!  Thanks though.

Has anyone tried the Adizero Tempo 9's?  They look similar to the Bostons (maybe slightly heftier) and have the Conti rubber, which I really like.

I used to wear the Adizero Tempo as my marathon shoe but it wasn't version 9.  Maybe 5 or 6?  They have a sort of narrower fit than the Boston and a noticeable arch bump (that disappears for me when I run). Def a little more shoe than the Boston but not by a lot.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

I used to wear the Adizero Tempo as my marathon shoe but it wasn't version 9.  Maybe 5 or 6?  They have a sort of narrower fit than the Boston and a noticeable arch bump (that disappears for me when I run). Def a little more shoe than the Boston but not by a lot.

Thanks!  I might swing by a store to try them on.  I can't wear anything much narrower than the Bostons, but we'll see how it fits.  Do need to find another shoe to toss into the rotation though.

3/17 - NYC Half

onemile

I was going to return my Bostons actually because I thought they felt a little sloppy on my feet and preferred the fit of the adios but I was too lazy and waited too long. Anyway, I missed the cutoff to return them so I kept them and pulled them out of the box the other weekend and did a 10 mile run and suddenly I like them. lol

Bert-o

I lost my rama

I was going to return my Bostons actually because I thought they felt a little sloppy on my feet and preferred the fit of the adios but I was too lazy and waited too long. Anyway, I missed the cutoff to return them so I kept them and pulled them out of the box the other weekend and did a 10 mile run and suddenly I like them. lol

Yes, I remember you said you were going to return them.  Guess things worked out.   I do use superfeet green in mine, which do add a little to firm them up.

3/17 - NYC Half

onemile

I do use superfeet green in mine, which do add a little to firm them up.

In that case you might like the Tempo (without the inserts because it comes with built in support)

LRB

In that case you might like the Tempo (without the inserts because it comes with built in support)

You are probably right, I do not like them with the green superfeet. I'm too afraid to run without them though.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

You are probably right, I do not like them with the green superfeet. I'm too afraid to run without them though.

With other shoes, I'll use the superfeet blue with a lower profile.  But all this experimenting does get costly.... need to find a second job soon, or sell a kid.

3/17 - NYC Half

RunningOnSand

these are on sale at Jack Rabbit for $53 and free shipping with coupon code GM459KL

Thank you!! Ordering. Thank you!